TS Debbie is gone - Weather Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I frequently dive kayak and take a spare tank (all on board/no tow.. I weigh in at 165'ish... 2 alum. tanks and have debated taking 3). I know that Scubawest has some kayak rentals. If you decide to go, I recommend trying a tank switch closer to shore... I do mine on top of kayak. Tie EVERYTHING down (I learned the hard way). I don't anchor (tie on to BC via D-ring (Tie it 5 times!!!)). My kayak is a Sam's club special (360lb rate???). Bottom line with kayak diving is 1.) it does get you out further. 2.) you will lose gear until you learn "the ropes" 3.) HIGHLY recommend using someone for first time to show you how to change tank and how to tie things down (After 3 yrs of doing it, I still am learning). 4.) be safe. Know your limits and know the conditions (I came up once in a fog bank so thick I literally used my compass to get back to shore). For best dive experience do charters. 5.) Practice close to shore.... get a feel for getting on and off. At some point I am going to do a series on my FB for kayak diving (time/life permitting) ... informational/not tutorial. Until then, stay safe and good hunting!

---------- Post Merged at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:59 PM ----------

One other point that another post made... start with one tank... I did a full season before I even thought about 2 tanks!

Went out today. 2 foot viz...2 megs and mammoth molar frags

Hopefully will clear up in the next couple weeks. If not oh well I will still be out there. Getin anxious now.

Where did you go?? I think I am going to try and hit every spot during the week that I am there.

Thinking about going out Sunday does anyone know what the vis is like now? and if the bottom is still 1" of silt?

Thinking about going out Sunday does anyone know what the vis is like now? and if the bottom is still 1" of silt?

3to 4 ft buy still some silt around if you kick it up its a mess

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom