TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't imagine how much of a sheltered life someone must live if they won't travel because of the "hassle" of airport security.

Wow. Sad, really.

loser-hand-sign-300x290.jpg

We just got back from a week on Roatan; connected in Houston both directions. I dislike air travel generally since 9/11 but blaming TSA is really shooting the messenger. I will not curtail dive travel because of threats, inconvenience or swine flu. :D

I thought I would share what I thought could have been a decent alternative to the 3-D scanner, when I wrote this I was rushed as all procrastinating college students might be, I recieved a good grade for it and I still think we could use this (tried and true) techno instead of the scanners which so many people think are imposing on their rights. It is a bit bias but hey I was the author I do what I want with my papers.

Attachments

• AVM_401_Gabriel_Mangual-Reyes_Proposal[1].pdf
    74.5 KB · Views: 855
They are now in the train stations stopping people AFTER they get off the trains.

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide

The rumors that one of them was wearing a monocle, knee high boots and asking "ver are your papers" proved false:D

Yes, it is called profiling.

Wow, back to the Israeli method you mean.

That comment was back in November. Since then I have done 60 or so flight segments. I have been patted down exactly once, in Ireland when I tried to smuggle an umbrella in carry on :wink:.

Wow, back to the Israeli method you mean.

That comment was back in November. Since then I have done 60 or so flight segments. I have been patted down exactly once, in Ireland when I tried to smuggle an umbrella in carry on :wink:.

Just think for a moment about how illogical it is to poke and probe the majority of the population to search for a couple of problem people. It makes no sense. This is like arresting everyone in the neighborhood when a crime is committed then checking them all out and letting each one go after they have an alibi. It is a huge waste of time and money.

I am happy for you that you were only patted down once. That has never been my experience at an airport since I began the sport of diving. I was pulled aside 3 times on my last flight and they dug through my carry on bag each time because of my regulator. That was before all the recent TSA changes. I won't fly if I am to be threatened with molestation or subjected to full body scans. I know I would end up talking back to someone and getting into trouble.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom