TSDT Goes to Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasMike once bubbled...
My interest is also piqued.....but we'll need to work out how to get the Dallas/Ft. Worth folks down there and back....

As I see it, there are 3 possible solutions to this.

1) DFW would have to drive themselves down to Houston. This would probably be the best idea if there were only a handful of interested people

2) Local charter bus would have to drive to DFW to pick them up, which would in turn drive the cost of the trip up to some degree.

3) Charter would originate in DFW and pass through Houston and Beaumont collecting divers as we went. Logistics of this would be slightly more complicated as someone in DFW area would have to arrange for the charter and due to the extra stops. It would also cost slightly more as the cost is based on miles traveled, but it would still be cheaper than option #2.

My plan (if this gets to reality) would be that on sign up, divers put $100 non-refundable deposit to secure their spot on the bus. If they couldnt make it, they could sell their spot to someone else, but no refunds as this would drive the cost for others up. One week prior to leaving, balance of trip would be due in order to meet the cancellation policy of hotel, etc.

We will make sure to stop and pick up Net Doc along the way so that he gets a first class ride to Florida :D

if I have enough warning to put in for the days off. I would need to know at least a couple of weeks ahead of time. Actually the quicker I can put in for days off, the better my chances are of getting them.

What would the water temp be like at Ginnie et al in November?

I'm interested in getting a drysuit, but it might be some time before I can afford one, almost certainly later than Nov. :)

jeff

NetDoc once bubbled...
I hear them thar springs stay between 68 to 72 degrees year round.

That is accurate. When I took my cave course around that time last year the temperature was a pretty consistent 67 degrees. Conversely, a few of the lakes and quarries I have dove here in Texas this summer had a bottom temperature of 61. Brrrrrrrr

Back
Top Bottom