Tubbataha Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harry Kreigh

Registered
Reaction score
I'm considering a trip to Tubbataha next April. Which of these boats (or others) do you recommend: Tristar, Stella Maris or Ocean Explorer. Looking for a comfortable, high-end boat, not crowded, with an outstanding dive operation. Thanks!

Our guys use the Explorer and Stella Maris. I am told they have great service, good equipment and even will allow non-diving friend/company to come with you. Go to -http://www.divingtravel.com/philippinesliv.htm

I did the Tri Star about 11 years ago. No complaints. Big enough to handle if it gets a little rough. Good food. Great drop boats and service.

How is Belize these days?

Harry Kreigh:
I'm considering a trip to Tubbataha next April. Which of these boats (or others) do you recommend: Tristar, Stella Maris or Ocean Explorer. Looking for a comfortable, high-end boat, not crowded, with an outstanding dive operation. Thanks!

I just did the Tristar four weeks ago. Really enjoyed the trip. Not sure it is the highest end of live aboards as I have not been on the others. Even with 20 divers it didn't seam that crowded to me. We were split into 3 dive groups for the trip. The owners were on the trip and even acted as dive guides. The other divers were a diverse group from the Philippines, Germany, US, Britain and Singapore based expats.

jbb:
I just did the Tristar four weeks ago. Really enjoyed the trip. Not sure it is the highest end of live aboards as I have not been on the others. Even with 20 divers it didn't seam that crowded to me. We were split into 3 dive groups for the trip. The owners were on the trip and even acted as dive guides. The other divers were a diverse group from the Philippines, Germany, US, Britain and Singapore based expats.

Seconded. I was there in April. One comment is that they (Tristar) like to head back to Hunter's Rock for the last 3 dives which was a was a waste (fished out of existence). Given that it only saves an hour, talk the captain into staying at North Tuba for these dives.

Good point. Stay at Tuba as long as the skipper will let you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom