Tuesday's (Sept. 7) Maui pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice.

Sweeeeeet pics!
What are the laws in Hawaii regarding dive flags? Seems strange as there have been incidents here in Ontario where boaters have killed divers, although hard to say if a flag was used in those cases. Personally I've seen boaters, more people on Seadoos that use the dive flag as an turning bouy...
Glad you made it back safely...

Boney

boney:
Sweeeeeet pics!
What are the laws in Hawaii regarding dive flags? Seems strange as there have been incidents here in Ontario where boaters have killed divers, although hard to say if a flag was used in those cases. Personally I've seen boaters, more people on Seadoos that use the dive flag as an turning bouy...
Glad you made it back safely...

Boney
Hawaii's dive flag laws are basically keep 100 feet from a boat with a flag. However, another boat may approach within the 100 feet with no wake if they too are going to dive. That may have been practical way back when but with all the commercial boats here now it is dangerous, especially at the popular sites, which I was at when it happened. That's why I usually avoid them.
Mooring buoys 100 feet apart at the popular spots are one of the solutions along with a strict 100 foot minimum distance from a flag, no exceptions.

Sir, do you think just maybe the operator, I wont say Skipper, knows exactly who owns the yellow kayak and wanted to take his paying customers to the latest "Hot Spot"?

Nice Zerbra...I haven't seen one before.. Are the common around Maui?

DoubleDip:
Sir, do you think just maybe the operator, I wont say Skipper, knows exactly who owns the yellow kayak and wanted to take his paying customers to the latest "Hot Spot"?
No chance. That spot is visited on a daily basis by charter boats. I'm the one who hardly goes there.

Otter:
Nice Zerbra...I haven't seen one before.. Are the common around Maui?
This is the first one I have seen here. I guess they are not that common.
I also came across a 7-11 crab on that dive but it was well inside a hole and I couldn't get much of a photo so I didn't post it. It was the first one of them I encountered.

justleesa:
The first one is a special moment. Have you asked your fish expert friend about it?
My marine biologist friend thinks it is a fight over territory but does not know for certain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom