Tulamben and the Critters of Bali Hai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think what makes me keep coming back is that whilst everyone else hammers the wreck some of the other sites remain fairly quiet and thats good for the critters.
Agreed.
I even realized a few months ago one of the BEST macro/muck sites in the area is what is called the "Liberty Wreck dropoff", ie. not even 50m outside east of the Liberty Wreck. While dozens of divers were getting their jacuzzi on the wreck, I was alone with Uji, digging off Harlequin, Tiger, Tozeuma and Emperor shrimps off the black sand 50m away, sometimes visibility permitting and looking out in the distance, I could see tornadoes of bubbles like an underwater volcano. Did I mention 3 or 4 juvenile frogfish we spotted on the same dive? :wink:

@pughio83 I used 2 stacked Inon UCL 165 macro lenses, for wide angle I had the Fix UWL-04. There was a little chromatic abberation on the edges of the super macro shots using stacked macto. . I still use my Inon S2000s from that setup for macro if I need to get into tight spots. If you look through and serach the threads in the Canon Corner forum you will see a wealth of information on S90 setups. I believe there is an epic thread on S90 from last year.

Some photos from a Lembeh trip last year with the S90 can be found here.

http://photobucket.com/northsulawesi2011

@ Luko what are talking about - Wreck Slope? Nothing but sloping black sand there right...? :chuckle: :wink:

Wreck Slope? Nothing but sloping black sand there right
Yep that's right ab-so-lu-te-ly nuthin'.
No diver, that means there's nothing to see, right? :D

Gee13 pretty good photos there! Nice bucket list!! Did u use the ucl 165 LD or AD or M67? I am
Currently looking at getting a couple to stack
And s2000 inon strobe with tray. But if poss would try get subsee lens which looks like screws on 67mm thread but not sure if can use onto any old thread eg dyron 67mm thread or inon ones! Will try check up the monster thread on s90 as well. Cheers

screws on 67mm thread but not sure if can use onto any old thread eg dyron 67mm thread or inon ones
A thread is a thread. as long as it's 67mm, there's no old or new thread.
M67 means it's a 67mm screw, AD or LD means means it's a kind of clip, not a screw. everything depends on your housing, if it has a 67mm thread or another type of clipping device.

With the wp-dc38 a lot of the adaptor ports clip on and then have a 67mm thread to screw on the lens, some just clip on entirely ir no thread. I figured if I can find a clip on 67mm thread then I could attach the subsee that u reccomended!! Ie get the M67 inon adaptor and then screw on the subsee diopter.

Hey pughio83 perhaps post up a new thread on the Canon Corner, theres a whole lot of uw camera trainspotters on there that can help. Im not familiar with the OEM Canon Housing as I used to use the Fix Housing and there were M67 threads from memory. There was a 52-67 adapter at some point.

Thanks I did make a post On the back of another but no replies. Maybe will make a new thread. But spoke to cameras underwater people who said the inon LD28 mount was made for the wp-dc39 and clips on the front very well. Then I just clip an inon ucl 165 LD onto that. Apparently less vignetting with this setup. I can also stack onto this as the ucl 165 macro lens has a 67 mm thread so can stack an inon m67 diopter via the thread. Though I think if I get the LD28 mount I can't put on the subsee 5+ or 10+ without an additional converter! All fun and games! Thanks for the info though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom