Tulamben/Seraya with G9 and SP-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wisnu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
It’s not my intention to compare the performance of G9 and SP-350 neither as product review. As newbie, the pictures we took do not reflect the capability of these cameras.
I just want to share what we get with these cameras to shoot the same subject during our trip to Bali August 2008.
Most of G9 pictures are taken by my daughter, 13 years old Jr. OW just after she completed one day UW photography course by Jeff Mullin Reef Wreck & Critter Dive Tours Home Page
We use Canon housing WPDC-21 with Inon D2000 type 3 strobe, fantasea arm set, 10 bar FO cable plus FIT adapter and Inon UCL165M67 macro lenses.
No other accessories for SP-350 except underwater housing PT-030. In addition to that, the SP-350 was not in healthy condition. We found lot of water inside the housing on our first dive; immediately switched off. I smelt something burn once opened the housing and could not switch on the camera. Finally, the wake-up after I use hair dryer to roast it, unfortunately the LCD display partially damage, abnormal behavior, sometime frozen where I need to switch off/on to make it work; even worst the battery drain very fast; approx. 10 pictures per dive.
All pictures are taken in jpeg – may be on the next trip I’ll learn to play with RAW.
The most popular “three musketeers” - white-eye morays eels. First pic by G9; second pic sp-350.
3_sisters_white_eye_moray_eels.jpg

3_morays.jpg

Bearded Lion Fish – Scorpaenopsis barbatus; easy to shoot; large size, high confident didn’t move when approached. First pic by G9; second pic sp-350.
Bearded_Lion_Fish_-_Scorpaenopsis.jpg

Bearded_scorpion_fish.jpg

Black blotched moray with juvenile Angelfish - Pomacanthus Imperator and cleaner shrimps taken with SP-350. The second pic was taken with G9; unfortunately the viz. was very poor; a large group of 8 divers suddenly came to attack this fellow and stirred-up everything.
Black_blotched_moray_with_juvenile_Angelfish_-_Pomacanthus_Imperator_and_shrimps.jpg

moray_eel7.jpg

Nudibranch - Chromodoris kunei; First pic by G9; second pic sp-350.
Nudibranch_-Chromodoris_kunei.jpg

Nudibranch9.jpg

Another nudibranch –Hypselodoris bullocki; this couple is very fat; First pic by G9; second pic sp-350.
Nudibranch_-_Hypselodoris_bullocki.jpg

H_Bullocki.jpg

Yellow ribbon sweetlip -Plectorhinchus polytaenia, remind me to Angela Jolie:D; taken with G9.
Yellow_ribbon_sweetlip_-_Plectorhinchus_polytaenia_.jpg

My SP-350 stopped working when I try to shoot her :depressed:; but resume working 10 minute later; she already disappeared, so took another fish Foster Hawkfish - Paracirrhites_forsteri
Foster_s_Hawkfish_-_Paracirrhites_forsteri.jpg

I’ll post complete story and more pictures in Indonesia forum, soon; hopefully.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom