Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, didn't hear the whales but actually saw two of them just as we were about to jump in at North West Point!!!....very early in the season so hopefully we will have plenty more over the coming weeks.
The two we saw didn't hang around for long unfortunately so no chance of diving or snorkelling with them this time round.

Water temp was 80 at the surface and 78-79 bottom (ranged between 50 - 90 ft depths) the whole week. My husband just work his swimsuit and a rash guard shirt but I opted for a 3mm core warmer with a full skin (I have really fair skin so I have to keep it covered).

As I have been a really nice boy this year, my girlfriend bought us a week at the Club Med (Jan 2-9). She even allows me to dive :D

I was given conflicting information on what divers wear this time of the year : shorties, full 3mm or even 5mm wetsuits!

Available exposure suits :

- 2mm shortie
- 2mm full
- 5/7mm full semi-dry
- 5/7mm hooded shortie (goes with the semi-dry suit)

I don't want to wrestle with a semi-dry suit, so I'm considering bringing both 2mm suits. I could layer them if needed.

What do you think?

Thats the way I usually dive in TCI. I have a 3mm shortie that I wear over a 3mm farmer john. I hate the cold so it keeps me toasty!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom