TURKS CAICOS / HELP on DIVE OPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THX1138

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I will be on the Providenciales in early September of 2005 for a one week stay on Grace Beach. Has anyone had a good experience with a Dive Op on the island? Any reccomendation is appreciated, as well as your favorite dive sites!!! Thanks John

I went diving with Caicos Adventures (www.caicosadventures.com) 6 days a few years ago and had an absolutely fantastic time! I'll look through my log book and let you know which were my favorite dive sites. We didn't do night dives but heard that they were excellent. You just have to let Fifi know you're interested and he'll put a group together.

-Alexandra

I second the vote for Caicos Adventures. I was there last month, and had a great time. They have by far the largest and most comfortable boat - very important on the 45 - 60 minute commutes to the dive sites off West Caicos and French Cay. As for best dive sites, IMO it depends more on current conditions at any one site than the site itself. The profiles are fairly similar on most dives - drop down to 40' among the coral heads, swim to the wall at 70 - 90'. The reefs are very healthy, and I saw big stuff - reef and nurse sharks, eagle and southern rays, barracudas, morays etc. on every dive. CA has a shuttle bus that picks up at a number of Grace Bay resorts, and very professional crew that make the diving easy and fun.
Have fun!
Rich

I'll third the opinion for Caicos Adventures. Been many times and would not consider diving with anyone else. The best dive sites IMHO are off West Caicos and French Cay. Good Luck!

I fourth the vote for Caicos Adventures. Loved diving with them in April!

Thanks to this board and especially Tim, I decided
to dive with Caicos Adventures last year. It was fantastic.
As far as dive sites, if you choose CA, they will take you
to the best sites depending on the conditions for that day.
Last year, when I went, Fifi (he is the owner of CA) took
us to a site that was an extra 30minutes from what he originally
planned because he thought the conditions would be better.
He knows all the sites and I don't think you will
be dissappointed if you dive with his outfit. If you do a search,
you can read my TripReport from last year.

Just returned from Turks & Caicos yesterday.
Used Provo Turtle Divers. Can't say enough good things about that operation.
Dave and Monica are the owners, and have brand new boats beautifully set up for diving. I have been diving for 20+ years, and have had experiences with a wide variety of DO's. I'm pretty much into "Gucci" diving at this point in my life and Provo Turtle Divers ranks right at the top of my list. Great boat, great service, great people, competitive pricing. Dave swears he sticks to his guns on max # of divers on his boats. The only knock I have is they don't provide lunch, just snacks.
(but then, I don't go diving for the food)

We had also heard great things about Caicos Adventures, but also picked up on some "buzz" that when things get busy the # of divers on the boat goes over their quoted maximums.

We go back at Thansgiving, we'll see if PTD repeats the performance.

I've been out with Provo Turtle twice (the first time back when it was still Art Pickering). Recommendation seconded.

Some recommendations for diving from Provo, though, no matter which dive op: Bring sunscreen, lip stuff, a hat, food, a book, and booze for the way back (if that's your fancy). You're gonna be on that boat for close to four hours, sometimes more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom