Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

><(((º>

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am considering a trip to Turks & Caicos this summer and would like to hear from anyone who has been there recently.

Information on operators, sites, and non-diving pastimes
would be appreciated.

I did Provo in 2013. Tips:

1. Operator: The ONLY operator to use in my opinion is Flamingo Divers. Small mom and pop operator, Jayne and Mickey are awesome folks and will go out of theuir way to show you a great time. They book up fast because they take a max of 8, so get booked early $140/day and worth every penny. Our last day of scuba was with Caicos Adventures and I wish we hadn’t, they were a nightmare. Avoid them!!

2. Hotel: Only 2 AI resorts on Provo – Club Med and Beaches. If you’re going w/o kids, I say Club Med. Adults only and great food and activities and significantly the most affordable option. Warning food is $$$$$$$. We went offsite to explore the island and ventured into ********’s. 2 appetizers and 4 drinks: $95 – OUCH.

3. I felt safe enough to tour the entire island in our rental, “The Hole” while providing a funny story back home was not worth the time.

4. The Thursday night fish fry, was OK at best, but we made it our Thanksgiving Meal 2013. Criminal element is high BUT there is heavy police presence.

We were there over Thanksgiving week last year. We stayed at Beaches, dove with them, and didn't leave the resort. If you want info on Beaches, I'd be happy to go into more detail but that's the extent of my experience with T&C.

Back
Top Bottom