Tusa Masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fogging??? spit in the damn thing!

You get the great view because of the ammount of glass upfront, however!! fogging will happen more often when diving in water where there is a differance between the temp inside and outside of the mask.

Overall.............get the thing and spit in it:eyebrow:

marcurts:
I also have this mask and I like it, but I also have a problem with it fogging. I have tried the Anti foggoing stuff but it still fogs. I will continue to look for something to stop the fogging because the mask is great otherwise.

Is the mask still relatively new? I've found that every new mask I bought will fog until I remove whatever film is on the glass when manufactured. Toothpaste scrubdown works or just rubbing wet beach sand into it removes this.

Please try the Cressi- Big Eyes before you buy............

I heard alot about the fogging problems so when I got mine, I cleaned it four or five times; I haven't had any issues. With my Mythos, I didn't get so carried away, and that one fogged really bad.

John

mrmonk7663:
Went to the dive shop today and put on a Tusa Mask. This mask was alot larger than the others, suppossedly had 2.5x the view of normal masks, was all clear, and the lens was all one piece. Anyone know what model this is. If fit well and felt great. Visbility was awesome. The shop price was $89 but they told me if I brought something in they could work with me on the price ( I have no clue as to what she wanted me to possibly bring in though) Thanks.

Mike

Sure its not the Paneo Geo? Its a great mask :wink:

Sure the Tusa visulator. It is the mask I have been using, it was my first purchased mask (used my friend's before), and I paid the same price from my LDS here in Puerto Rico. I love the mask and have no problems whatsoever with it fogging, and have used everything from defog, baby shampoo, and just spit. No problems with it leaking (unless I let my hair grow a little too long and it gets caught in my skirt). I also purchased one with a black skirt, because I don't like having the bright ambient light we get here filtering in through my extreme peripheral vision. I like the mask though!

I also bought a slapstrap for it and use an Oceanmaster dry snorkel (advanced flex). I lvoe the combo for snorkeling and waiting at the surface while diving. Too many times in the open ocean when there is chop have I been glad that I have a dry snorkel. That big wave or swoon that comes and fills my dive buddy's snorkel makes me appreciate that capability.

I got a chance to use my mask today during my confined water dives. The mask worked great. Fogging was not really a problem at all. I cleaned it 3x with toothpaste prior to the dive, then haucked a big on in it :) lol. Anyway, my observations on the mask are this. Visibility was great. Fit was great. Clearing the mask when totally full, took about 2 exhalations. A little more than some masks, but worth it for the visibility. For $59 its an outstanding purchase. I also recieved a Gold Padded strap thingy with it and a case for the above price. Not bad at all.

To echo everyone above, I love my Visualator mask. If I wear it for hours and hours in a day it bugs the bridge of my nose a little bt nothing serious given the visual advantages.

I had fog issues for a while, but it works well with no trouble now. I have found that the Sea Vision Gold (gel) defog works VERY well on it.

I would like to find some of the Cressi Big Eyes to try out sometime, but I am in no real rush as the Visualtor works great.

hmmm, never had fogging problems as long as I put a little de-fog on it. I do get some leakage in the pool but never in open water. Just have to make sure I shave the goatee before I dive, but that is with any mask I've owned.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom