TUSA RS-812

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dariosgs9

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone, I wanted to know if you know the TUSA rs-812 regulator, what are your opinions? And is it similar to the MK25/21? Thank you all and sorry for my very basic English. Thank you!

First of welcome, and I am surprised to hear that there is someone sober enough to type in Argentina after the world cup victory! Congrats, I thoroughly enjoyed witnessing an entire country rally behind and celebrate your football team's world cup win!

Secondly, I am not a regulator expert, but the TUSA RS812 is not similar to a ScubaPro MK/25 in design, performance, or quality of workmanship. The MK/25 is one the best regulators in the world.

Thanks for answering! It was really crazy what was lived in the streets of BSAS! I was asking only because the TUSA rs-812 (balanced piston) looks quite similar in appearance to the Scubapro MK25/21 (also balanced piston). THANKS AGAIN!

A9EFBF3E-846C-4F86-9742-A954D4638D09.jpeg

I think that generally TUSA- Tabata regs are some of the most underrated regs on the market.
I have a couple of them ( because you can buy them so cheap here), and I always liked to work on them. their components are excellent ( for me better than the ones of most other manufacturers), the performance is good.
I like especially their 1sts, even when they are often quite heavy.
To me the biggest problem is the availability of parts, Service Kits. There is almost nothing that you can interchange with parts from other manufacturers.
So you would need a TUSA Dealer around who can support you with that.
But if you should have access to TUSA parts, I would not hesitate to get me a TUSA Reg if the price is right, they are very long lasting and reliable, I serviced quite some of them, because a customer used them as fleet regs ( in the end he had to change for another brand, because he could not get parts anymore, don`t know why).
I`m not familiar with that particular model you mentioned, but I guess that the quality is still as god as the older models I know....

Mine Tabatas breathed better than my MK20 G250s or MK2 R190s.
I've heard Tabata makes regs for other top manufacturers, not sure if true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom