TWARS (This Week at Reef Seekers) - May 3-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
It's going to be a busy week this week . . .

NOT WHAT YOU THINK - You thought I was referring to Chamber Day this Wednesday, didn't you? Yes, there's that. But also this week it's Cinco de Mayo AND Taco Tuesday. (What are the odds???) Then we have that Chamber Day thing on Wednesday. But on Thursday, it's National Prayer Day (which I'll likely be in need of following Chamber Day) AND it's a full moon. Then on Sunday, it's Mothers Day. Like I said, a busy week. But as long as we mentioned Chamber Day . . .

CHAMBER DAY IS THIS WEDNESDAY - We've still got room for you on the Flying Dutchman or at our table for virtual Chamber Eve. And we're always happy to take your money for the Chamber Challenge. It's a crazy and difficult year but it's still not too late to chip and and help make this a good one for our Chamber. Remember that our Chamber relies on divers just like you and me to account for roughly 50% of the annual budget, and that's why Chamber Day is so critical. Go the website, www.chamberday.org, and get signed up!!!

RAFFLE IS CLOSED BUT BLIND BIDS ARE STILL OPEN - You've got until Wednesday at 6PM PDT to submit that winning Blind Bid on one our three options. There's the A.E.D. from Cardiac Science Corp. and Thomas Penn, the Dive Immersion for Two at the Aquarium f the Pacific in Long Beach, and from the supply warehouse at my sister Sue's house, the incredible "Lockdown Survival Kit." Susie asked me to point out that it's not only hard-to-get stuff, but the GOOD hard-to-get stuff: Charmin, Bounty, Lysol, and more. Highest bidder wins. You can submit your bid on one, two, or all three offerings through this link: CHAMBER DAY BLIND BIDS. Good luck!!!
url=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.constantcontact.com%2F57f3b309701%2Fe14f1377-753f-4ee5-b610-a342f7aca0be.jpg

WE'RE LIVE-STREAMING CHAMBER DAY WEDNESDAY NIGHT 7-9PM PDT
- You can join us on the Chamber FaceBook page or, better still, join us on Zoom for the live event which will feature raffle prize drawings, thanks yous, and more. 7-8PM will be pre-show stuff with some videos interspersed and we start the main event at 8PM. Here's the link for the Zoom feed: CHAMBER DAY LIVE STREAM.

MAY I HAVE THIS DANCE? - What do you do when you have the entire kelp exhibit at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium to yourself as a dive team? Why, organize a dance-off of course. Take a look: DANCING DIVERS.

CLEVER STOP-MOTION DIVING VIDEO - This is hands-down the cleverest and most detailed stop-motion dive video I've seen yet on FaceBook. They told me it took them over ten hours just to shoot it, and then time to edit. Amazing. Note the detail in things like the bubbles and the schooling fish. Really well done and absolutely worth your time to take a peek: STOP-MOTION DIVE VIDEO.

And that'll do it for now. Have a great week, support Chamber Day 2020, don't forget about your mother, and let's go diving soon one of these days!!!

- Ken
—————————————————

Back
Top Bottom