Twin Lakes or 288 Lake this Sunday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cuda_72

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am looking to dive this Sunday morning and would prefer to do so with a buddy. Is anyone planning on being at either location Sunday morning?

Cuda_72:
I am looking to dive this Sunday morning and would prefer to do so with a buddy. Is anyone planning on being at either location Sunday morning?

Is 288 Lake open for divers? I took my wife down there July 1st and only swimmers were allowed.

I thought I recalled someone posting about it being open to divers, but I can follow up on that.

Would you be game if it's open?

I might be able to go just depends on if my work is shut down Sat night or not.
I can let you know Sat evening.

288 lake? Is this a new place or has it gone by another name?

I believe it used to go by the name Tiki Lake and it is close to Twin Lakes. It's under new management and has supposedly gotten a face lift.

It was 'The Reef' for quite a few years before it was Tiki Lake. I still don't understand the name 288 Lake. It's off Cullen Blvd, off Beltway 8....has nothing to do with 288!

Dee:
It was 'The Reef' for quite a few years before it was Tiki Lake. I still don't understand the name 288 Lake. It's off Cullen Blvd, off Beltway 8....has nothing to do with 288!
Maybe it is 288 feet (or inches) deep. :)

Willie

Cave Diver:
288 lake? Is this a new place or has it gone by another name?

I have heard 288 referes to the typical cost of a doctor visit after a day of diving the pond....is that possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom