Two Divers Arrested for Delaying Cruise Ship Departure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have Maple trees in Texas. :cowboy: Lost Maples State Natural Area ? Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

p-LMSNA_Entrance.jpg

Don - if they'd put this picture on a milk carton, you think that might help?
They're not missing; we know where they are and they are now well protected from our governor. They just lost touch with the others in the family. That last ice age changed so much even tho the ice didn't get close to us. We have another tree whose sole symbiotic existence was to feed a Sloth specie, but it's been producing fruit for several thousand years that few other animals will eat.

244px-Osage_orange_1.jpg

They're not missing; we know where they are and they are now well protected from our governor. They just lost touch with the others in the family. That last ice age changed so much even tho the ice didn't get close to us. We have another tree whose sole symbiotic existence was to feed a Sloth specie, but it's been producing fruit for several thousand years that few other animals will eat.

Ah, the mighty Horse Apple, fruit of the Bois d'Arc!

Did you know that the wood of bois d'arc is so strong and rot resistant that it was used as pier and beam material in old houses in my east Dallas neighborhood? And the early settlers used to carve tombstones out of the bois d'arc wood; some are still around today in the old cemeteries.

A lot of amazing things discussed in this thread: first, we hear about a couple of canuckleheads who, since they were from BC, probably had a pre-dive doobie, got the munchies and then went diving under a cruise ship looking for poutine. (aside from the fact poutine is probably more likely to kill you than the propellers of the ship) Second, we have have the possibility introduced that they were, quite possibly, Nord fans who were po'd about their team moving to Colorado and were on a mission to delay the departure of the US citizens on the ship in retaliation. Third, we are lead to believe that some Texans are holding our national symbol (maple leaf, not a beaver) hostage and are trying to dissuade people from looking for them by saying the trees are "lost". Fourth we find out that Texas also has a tree whose fruit looks suspiciously like the old tennis ball I used to play shinny (street hockey) with every winter. (side note...don't play goal when the ball is frozen).

So, while all these amazing tidbits and facts have become part of this thread, what amazes me the most is that someone here actually admitted in public that they are a Leafs fan. Now THAT'S crazy talk!

(Go Habs Go)

A lot of amazing things discussed in this thread: first, we hear about a couple of canuckleheads who, since they were from BC, probably had a pre-dive doobie, got the munchies and then went diving under a cruise ship looking for poutine. (aside from the fact poutine is probably more omelikely to kill you than the propellers of the ship) Second, we have have the possibility introduced that they were, quite possibly, Nord fans who were po'd about their team moving to Colorado and were on a mission to delay the departure of the US citizens on the ship in retaliation. Third, we are lead to believe that some Texans are holding our national symbol (maple leaf, not a beaver) hostage and are trying to dissuade people from looking for them by saying the trees are "lost". Fourth we find out that Texas also has a tree whose fruit looks suspiciously like the old tennis ball I used to play shinny (street hockey) with every winter. (side note...don't play goal when the ball is frozen).

So, while all these amazing tidbits and facts have become part of this thread, what amazes me the most is that someone here actually admitted in public that they are a Leafs fan. Now THAT'S crazy talk!

(Go Habs Go)

Welcome to ScubaBoard........

Canuckleheads. Ah, that I could figure out how to make that beauty Word of the Day!
Are y'all here yet?
:wink:
Carnaval time, you know...
<3

Last edited:
Perhaps, if we wouldn't be so busy looking around for oil we just might could find these lost maple trees. Then we just might find the Sloths and an untapped supply of syrup ! Ya just never know.....eh ?

BTW- Lost Maples is a very nice area of our state. One of the many wonders TEXAS.

A lot of amazing things discussed in this thread: first, we hear about a couple of canuckleheads who, since they were from BC, probably had a pre-dive doobie, got the munchies and then went diving under a cruise ship looking for poutine. (aside from the fact poutine is probably more likely to kill you than the propellers of the ship) Second, we have have the possibility introduced that they were, quite possibly, Nord fans who were po'd about their team moving to Colorado and were on a mission to delay the departure of the US citizens on the ship in retaliation. Third, we are lead to believe that some Texans are holding our national symbol (maple leaf, not a beaver) hostage and are trying to dissuade people from looking for them by saying the trees are "lost". Fourth we find out that Texas also has a tree whose fruit looks suspiciously like the old tennis ball I used to play shinny (street hockey) with every winter. (side note...don't play goal when the ball is frozen).

(Go Habs Go)

one of the funniest threads I have read in a while....especially the "Go Habs Go" part :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom