Two Divers Arrested for Delaying Cruise Ship Departure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to ScubaBoard........

Canuckleheads. Ah, that I could figure out how to make that beauty Word of the Day!
Are y'all here yet?
:wink:
Carnaval time, you know...
<3

Hey Sal. Heading to our place on the left coast for March so no Coz for us until Dec. Small world fact....Ken and I discover we have a mutual friend. Too funny.

Hugs to all.

Did you know that the wood of bois d'arc is so strong and rot resistant that it was used as pier and beam material in old houses in my east Dallas neighborhood? And the early settlers used to carve tombstones out of the bois d'arc wood; some are still around today in the old cemeteries.

Owned a house in a county seat immediately North of the Home of the Greatest State Fair in the entire Country (and maybe even the entire North American Continent) that was built in 1908. Could have been the set for the movie "The Money Pit". Had bois d'arc pier and beam, unfortunately, those wooden posts seemed to float in that semi-solidified gumbo they called soil in the Blackland Prairie, and the floors in the house looked like a 2-4 foot chop on the Gulf of Mexico.

Just thought of something....not only do we have Lost Maples but we also have Lost Pines....Seems like Texans have a problem with loosing things ? :doh: Do Sloths like Pine Trees ?

Just thought of something....not only do we have Lost Maples but we also have Lost Pines....Seems like Texans have a problem with loosing things ? :doh: Do Sloths like Pine Trees ?
Yeah ... you lost me too! :crying:

Those too were cut off by the last ice age, altho closer to their relations "more than 100 miles (160 km) separated from, and yet closely genetically related to, the vast expanse of pine trees of the Piney Woods region that covers parts of Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma." Not much of them left after the 2011 Bastrop County Complex fire with the endangered Houston Toad losing much of its habitat. Hope they make a good comeback.

The Ground sloths of North America may not have hung out there much

Don- I also hope the pines as well as the areas that burned recover.

Kathy- I am sad too..miss you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom