Two Steel HP 105s from 95. Cant be Hydro'd here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricjVI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! I had two older steel 105's given to me when a family friend passed away. They were last hydro'd in 2000. Here's the problem: I went to have them hydro'd in Victoria and I was told that they are missing a certain stamp from DOT (or might have been Transport Canada). They said they can't do them at Crest in Vic, but they said there are international companies in Vancouver that could do them.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Would it be worth it to hydro in Van or just try to sell them?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 53
What are the actual markings (all of them) on the tanks?

I will have a look tomorrow and get back to you. It is the transport Canada markings that are missing. I was told there was an international company in Vancouver (some ship building company) that could hydro them (Hendrickson, or something Scandinavian). Thanks for the reply! I will post further discussion in the other threa . Sorry for confusion.

Cylinders manufactured for use in Canada stamped with an original hydro dated after 12/1992 are required to have TC specs stamped on them. Without the TC spec stamped on them they can't be hydro'ed, VIP'd or filled in Canada, according to CSA 339/340 document/standard. You might be out of luck with those particular cylinders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom