U/W Videos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

check out for a sample....albeit compressed my website for a few samples of the PC-110 and Mako Housing....all of the daytime shots were using natural light.

Craig

Your input has been great.

Of course I don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about at this time but once I get into reading up on everything it will make better sense.

I suspect that I will be using the camera during SI but mainly it is just to film "things" underwater. You show people pics taken underwater and they get some idea of why we love to dive, however, if I get it on video I think they would understand better.

Ocean Images

My husband and I both use Sony PC-100s in Ocean Images Housings. Electronic controls allow you full functions of camera including ability to take stills as well as video, internal flip filter lets you video without lights at shallow depths, camera fits in housing with monitor screen in open position and takes the largest battery available.

We are also the webmasters for Ocean Images and have placed several photo galleries on the website.

There are many good cameras and housing manufacturers so be sure to visit all of their websites and ask them lots of questions before you buy.

socaldiver,
Just saw your question about underwater video. I have a Sony TRV730 (the current model is a 740 or 840 I think). They run about $550 to $800 depending on where you buy them. They are digital 8/high8 and will give you great video in or out of the water. Last year I bought an underwater housing for it at the following web site http://www.aquatix.com/aquacam.htm and the housing works great. You can get it with or without controls. I'd recommend without to start ($350 +/-). the housing is very universal so if you have another camera similar to the sony trv series the housing will work for you. I set the camera for auto focus, turn it on, drop it in the housing, clamp it shut, and hop in the water and shoot everything. When I get home I edit out what I don't want. This year I bought video lights for it to enhance the color at depth. But you'll get pretty good color 50 feet or shallower. If you have a big screen like we do, it will be like being there again when you replay it at home. The wife and I love it. Oh ... btw ... get a wide angle for the camera and make your motions slow, smooth and steady when you video. A standard lenz and fast movement will give you lousy video later, no matter what camera set up you get or use. Good luck
Bill

caloosadiver and Bill, I appreciate your input and sound advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom