Uemis Zurich vs. Hollis DG05 vs. Shearwater Predator

Which Computer would you buy if money was NOT an option?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Response to Hatul Comment:

I see that someone is trying to sell a DG05 on Scubaboard

Hollis DG05 - Brand New Never Used

Not sure what that means. It could be a red flag.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the one selling the DG05. There is no red flag here. I had one brought into the store where I instruct and have not been able to use it since my wife and I just had our first baby a few weeks ago. I am trying to sell the computer - as furniture, such as a crib for a baby, etc is a little bit higher on my priority list than a Tech computer - that I cannot use as frequently.

The computer is really nice, has some great features. OLED is great. Yes the computer looks small, however screen size is comparable to a lot of the other OLED computers on the market. It is also a solid metal shell, so very durable.

Dallas Thomas
NAUI Instructor #45916

Last edited:
I know this is an older thread, but I too have a few question that maybe you guys/gals can answer.

I am looking to take some tech diving classes and want a computer. The tech diving will be for wrecks no cave stuff. I don't care about AI. Now, how about the Liquivision X1. It states 10 gases, is that a reasonable feature? Where as the Predator is up to 5 gases, which seems more likely. The X1 has a small screen. The predator has a large screen. Any suggestions/comments folks? Thanks, Bruce

you don't want air integrated if your going the tech route. your in the military? I'll send you my cochran gemini to play with. it aggessive, but you'll grow out of it quick. I have a couple of shearwaters...so far after diving them for 7 years, they are really tough to compete with in order of customer service, ease of operation, ruggedness. if you want to try the shearwater...your going to have to come to hawaii though wink wink.
laytahs
steve

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:46 AM ----------

I know this is an older thread, but I too have a few question that maybe you guys/gals can answer.

I am looking to take some tech diving classes and want a computer. The tech diving will be for wrecks no cave stuff. I don't care about AI. Now, how about the Liquivision X1. It states 10 gases, is that a reasonable feature? Where as the Predator is up to 5 gases, which seems more likely. The X1 has a small screen. The predator has a large screen. Any suggestions/comments folks? Thanks, Bruce

If you need more, contact bruce at shearwater, and he'll get you hooked up. every past issue/ question has been resolved by himself personally, or someone close to him. shearwater is tough to beat due mainly by the way it was concept-ed to design.

---------- Post Merged at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Oh yea, forgot to add, 1) was installing a shearwater on a rebreather that had "3" wires originally, the shearwater has "1", bruce sent me 2 plugs, no charge. 2) when asked about o-ring size, he just sent one of those too....

Okay, so the fact the X1 does ten gases really is not a selling point then or practical? I have no plans to ever do CCR and no plans to dive deeper than say 250 fsw. I like the size of the Shearwater display and their reviews. No, i'm not military. So the limited adaptability of the Cochran limits it's effectiveness at this cost point then huh? Thanks, Bruce

Back
Top Bottom