UK Custom Diver waterproof canister CDFFC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you get 2.3 thick O rings, I was told its 2 or 2.5 and that's it

In theory you can get any size you want, the problem is no one will make just one, so you might need some luck to find one.

For example, a quick look into the Simrit online catalogue shows they make an O-Ring 62.50 x 2.30, EPDM with Shore A 70 +/-5. They also make a 61.91 x 2.00, close to the spec (assuming spec is 62.00 x 2.00).
In the Hutchinson/LJF catalogue I found a 61.60 x 2.40, EPDM with IRHD 83.

Not exactly 62.0mm but might fit, would have to calculate and check.

There are also plenty of other manufacturers like Parker (did a quick check but couldn't find an online catalogue), NOK, Trelleborg... but you probably need to find a dealer, as manufacturers usually don't sell single O-Rings to private people.

Not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but if it helps, I measured an IRHD of 71 for both O-Rings.

Did you try any thicker O-Ring, or did you give up on this container?

I had mine with me on a bunch of dives last week (down to about 25 meters), and there was no leakage. Totally dry inside.

I've been using this canister for a year and a half. Few dozen dives to 50-60m. Never a problem. Use it to put my mobile phone and emergency info (dive plan, insurance number, name & contact details). The day it does leak, not much valuables will be lost, but it's a worry to think that according to sod's law, the day i'll need it is the day it will leak.

My replacement has been fine to 55 metres so I am hoping it will remain that way. I check (shake) each dive as I am concerned opening it too often will cause a . To date all is well.

I'm curious about a few points here...?

Why are you spending $600 on a PLB? I compared the ACR PLBs and went with the 2881 for size, price, and it floats. I realize that you are in a different country, but still - mine was only $200US after rebate: ACR 2880 ResQLink PLB Personal Locator Beacon

The ACR PLBs are all waterproof to 2 atmospheres for a few minutes, an hour at 5 meters, which I like in case of a leak. Here is the comparison chart for all of theirs, and I guess the larger & heavier models appeal to some with slightly more power and a couple of with LED, but the 2881 seems the obvious choice for divers - to me anyway.
Personal Locator Beacon Comparison Chart | ACR ARTEX

I'm curious about a few points here...?

Why are you spending $600 on a PLB? I compared the ACR PLBs and went with the 2881 for size, price, and it floats. I realize that you are in a different country, but still - mine was only $200US after rebate: ACR 2880 ResQLink PLB Personal Locator Beacon

The ACR PLBs are all waterproof to 2 atmospheres for a few minutes, an hour at 5 meters, which I like in case of a leak. Here is the comparison chart for all of theirs, and I guess the larger & heavier models appeal to some with slightly more power and a couple of with LED, but the 2881 seems the obvious choice for divers - to me anyway.
Personal Locator Beacon Comparison Chart | ACR ARTEX

Oh grasshopper you assume too much, lol.

Ok well whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Because that's all I could get at the time and that was the price. To get that and a container was a real issue herein OZ and I struggled to get what I wanted. They are now priced somewhere around $300-400 AUD

You have to understand how everything works here. We get screwed and have been for many years. Now with internet its more competitive so they have to make prices more realistic. Previously we would be charged double what I could buy from a US shop shipped here, never mind buying from China.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom