UK service, for flooded light canon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTT

Registered
Reaction score
hiya everyone,

I went for a dive yesterday, and my light canon flooded. Everything was set up fine, there were no problems with the O-ring that i could see. About 10 feet down the light goes out and it is almost full of water under the lense. Thankfully, it was not to dark and i could finish the dive without the light

It was about the 3rd time i have used this light.

my question is, what kinda service should i expect from UK?

thanks everyone

Hi,

if there is no broken part at your light, what will you expect?
I think that you did not close the housing tight enough.
My opinion is that you can not expect any service from UK if there is no problem with the light itself.

Greetings, Michael

TTT:
hiya everyone,

I went for a dive yesterday, and my light canon flooded. Everything was set up fine, there were no problems with the O-ring that i could see. About 10 feet down the light goes out and it is almost full of water under the lense. Thankfully, it was not to dark and i could finish the dive without the light

thanks everyone

I thought that it may have been that the housing was loose as well. But i checked it predive, and it was fine and I had not opened it up after my last dive with it, where it was fine.

so i have no idea how it could have flooded....

micbu:
Hi,

if there is no broken part at your light, what will you expect?
I think that you did not close the housing tight enough.
My opinion is that you can not expect any service from UK if there is no problem with the light itself.

Greetings, Michael

TTT:
hiya everyone,

thanks everyone

I've heard only good things about UK's warranty service- Including a couple times where it was clearly the users fault the thing flooded and they replaced the light under warranty...

Here's a link to the verbiage from their website:

http://www.uwkinetics.com/warranty.htm

It only states that they cover material defects... But like I said, I've heard a couple stories of them "keeping the customer happy". By the way, let us know what the problem was when you get it resolved, would ya?

Take it back to where you bought it and see if they can get UK to honor the warranty... It seems like the retailers have a little more pull with manufacturers than consumers do...

UK warranty service is a top notch as long as you bought the light from the authorized dealer. I just got the replacement of my beacon light within three days. That is the reason why I bought all my lights from UK...... It is hard to beat their service.

info@uwkinetics.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom