UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be interested in 1-2 of these lights but didnt find them on ebay. I seen one you have listed with a starting bid of 65.00.

Sorry I was up diving in BC Canada This weekend and the auction ended. You can also just send me a PM. That would be best. I do PayPal Is it for the SL4 or Scout. Thanks

I bought 2 of your SL4 with the R 2 modules and they are incredible. Do you sell a SL6 with a R 5 module? That would be the ultimate in a compact light. I'd prefer to buy it all at once rather than buy the light and then buy the R 5. Also, do you get more voltage with rechargeable batteries than alkaline?
Thanks for lighting up my world.
DMDoogie

I bought 2 of your SL4 with the R 2 modules and they are incredible. Do you sell a SL6 with a R 5 module? That would be the ultimate in a compact light. I'd prefer to buy it all at once rather than buy the light and then buy the R 5. Also, do you get more voltage with rechargeable batteries than alkaline?
Thanks for lighting up my world.
DMDoogie

I hope you can get them. These R5 modules are SUPER bright.

How much brighter will a R2 or R5 be when used in a SL4 compared to the same modules in a SL6? Since the SL6 has more voltage, does that produce an equivalently brighter light? The burn times should be the same. I love the R2 in my SL4, but I'm always looking for more light at a reasonable price. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck for public safety diving.
DmDoogie

I hope you can get them. These R5 modules are SUPER bright.

I do have a new SL6 with a R5. This light is black. I could sell it for $70 and free shipping. Thanks

jjblomquist...when you get the sl4 with R5 back in let me know. still considering one or 2 of them per the price in our PM.

dmdoogie...what agency do you work for if you dont mind me asking?

Just a FYI I have some cree P7 modules for the SL4 or 6. They are rated at 900 lumens but they realy put out betweem 650 and 700 lumens. These have more of a flood to then. They worked great in the clear water I found up in BC at 100 ft 30 to 40 ft vis. But they don't work as good as the R5 in bad vis 10 to 15ft vis. If your interested they are $45 just send me a PM for info. Thanks

I just tried out your P7 drop and it's pretty damn bright@ In fact it gives my AquaSun a run for the money.

My only concern is that it might be too much flood (I was hoping for a tighter beam pattern), maybe I should have looked into a smooth reflector?

I won't get to dive it for another week, but out of the water, it's REALLY bright. I'll be working with students at Dutch Springs, so it's be a great chance to try and "light the way" for them (I try to get them to follow the beam)

Thanks!

I just tried out your P7 drop and it's pretty damn bright@ In fact it gives my AquaSun a run for the money.

My only concern is that it might be too much flood (I was hoping for a tighter beam pattern), maybe I should have looked into a smooth reflector?

I won't get to dive it for another week, but out of the water, it's REALLY bright. I'll be working with students at Dutch Springs, so it's be a great chance to try and "light the way" for them (I try to get them to follow the beam)

Thanks!
Yes, You my want the R5 LED If you want a tight beam. I have been diving with both staped together it works pretty good. You can always switch it to strobe to get there attention then switch it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom