UK SL4 LED w/cree R2 and LEDs for halcyon scout

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let you know after I dive the light next weekend. I'm sure the P7 will be fine. I may even want both options, depending on conditions & location.

Just wanted to up date I still have The R2 and R5 and P7 LEDs for the UK SL4
Also R2s and R5 for the 3C cell scout
And now the R2 for the 2C cell scout its awsome.
Thanks to all that have purchased
Dive safe have fun

Are there any known issues with fitting the R5 to the older version of the scout Light ?
I have one of the original scout lights with the knurled grip as opposed to the current style.

Thanks

i want the brightest option for my 3 c-cell scout? what would that be and how much? please pm me. Thanks!

btw ever thought of making/modding a led setup for bigger lights? I would love to convert my old d4 lights

Are there any known issues with fitting the R5 to the older version of the scout Light ?
I have one of the original scout lights with the knurled grip as opposed to the current style.

Thanks

It should be fine in a Older scout. If it doesn't work just send it back for a full refund. I stand behind my work. I think the mane differance is the ground and spring but it still touchs at the top edge of the light so it will work.

Just wanted to up date I still have The R2 and R5 and P7 LEDs for the UK SL4
Also R2s and R5 for the 3C cell scout
And now the R2 for the 2C cell scout its awsome.
Thanks to all that have purchased
Dive safe have fun

Hi Richard, Yes I can still do the R2 220 lumens for the Rat light for $24.99. I also can make the R5 345 lumen LED for the scout and Rat for 39.99 free shipping on both. Thanks

Will the P7 work in a 3 C-cell "scout" type light or is an R5 the brightest that will work. I'm looking for more of a flood then a tight beam. I have a photon torpedo and a scout clone that I want to put one in?

Thanks!

Can you clarify for me the lumens and battery life of the R2 and R5 in an SL4 using C cells.

Can you clarify for me the lumens and battery life of the R2 and R5 in an SL4 using C cells.

The R2 has 220 lumens its 3 watts will run 10 hrs then start to fade out.
The R5 has 345 lumens its 5 watts will run 7 hrs then start to fade out.
Thanks

how do these inserts compare to the stock eled modules?? I looked on the UK website and the SL4 (which I have) is listed as 116 lumens compared to the Xenon lamped variant which they purport to throw 113 lumens. From personal use, the difference between the two is vast... subjectively it looks like 300% difference rather than the 003 lumens claimed.

If the R5 is actually 3x brighter than the stock, then my BC light may in fact want steroids :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom