Ultra- Light COOL Luggage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icyman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Due to my old luggage falling apart, I must invest in new luggage. I want to buy some ULTRA-LIGHT super COOL luggage to replace my old bags. Would some of you share your ideas with me? :06:

My favortite bags for traveling low profile were my Navy sea bags. Nice, snappy bags attract attention - beat-up canvas is almost invisible on bandit radar.

Tumi makes the coolest stuff I've seen. But it's pricey. I have a rollerbag from TravelPro, was told it's the same one flight crews use. It just works...

My very best dive/travel bags came from Costco. They have wheels and handles and allows me to fly through the airports with ease and look really "cool". My dive bag is bright red, which helps in identification. Since it is soft and not rigid, it is welcome on any of my liveaboards. You don't have to spend a lot to have a nice quality "cool" bag. BTW, my bags go all around the world and hold up very well.

Allison Finch:
My very best dive/travel bags came from Costco. They have wheels and handles and allows me to fly through the airports with ease and look really "cool". My dive bag is bright red, which helps in identification. Since it is soft and not rigid, it is welcome on any of my liveaboards. You don't have to spend a lot to have a nice quality "cool" bag. BTW, my bags go all around the world and hold up very well.
I just got two of those roller, backpack bags from CostCo before our last trip to Florida. For $40 each you can't go wrong, and if it last at least half a dozen trips it will have paid for itself. I got these since it seems all the airlines have lowered their baggage weight limits to 50#. Which, is not a lot when the suitcase weighs 22#, which is the case with my Stalsac. Great bag, just heavy!!

ABQdiver:
I just got two of those roller, backpack bags from CostCo before our last trip to Florida. For $40 each you can't go wrong, and if it last at least half a dozen trips it will have paid for itself.

Many of the members of my dive club use those bags as their normal gear bags. Those things hold a TON of stuff, are made of a waterprood vinyl material, and hold up very well. I think Ricardo's is the brand. I just bought my own for an upcoming trip to Roatan (I'd rather have my gear in an unmarked bag than a bag with Akona and other labels advertising the contents as pricy gear).

You may want to look at triple-L. I got one of their bags and am happy with it so far. I didn't get the one on rollers. I haven't used it much either because I just got it. I usually use a very large, no name roller duffle... thing is HUGE.

I have the Samsonite F'lite 31" (hardsided) If you're not looking for something to carry onboard the dive boat and you're looking for "BIG," I recommend it highly." Bought it at e-bags for $85 including freight and after rebate.

No lining inside makes it almost water proof. It'll handle 2 complete sets of everything including BC's, fins, wetsuits, large mesh bags for dive boat, masks, snorkles, booties, pelican cases, flash lights and a lot of misc small stuff. We carry the regs separately.

MCRD, 1970, San Deigo

ABQdiver:
For $40 each you can't go wrong, and if it last at least half a dozen trips it will have paid for itself.

Those Ricardo Bags are guaranteed for 10 years. If they only last 5 or 6 trips you can return them. I have found them to be the best travel bag I have found and I have tried a few.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom