Unavoidable flow in Halcyon Halo (SP G250V) 2nd stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems I've fixed the flow problem by adjusting the IP.

But still having further problems with cranking effort, so I'm continuing the topic on this post

Adjusting ip to what?
Both of then were very high... over 10bars, mainly one of then with the 1st required already annual maintenance and suffers around 1bar of positive drift (while the other one have no drift).

When used to tune the orifice I did just as soon as I opened the tanks valve, so I was tuning under some IP that were drifting little by little, leading the 2dn to flow.

Now I have tuned both a little above 8bars, so one of them drifts up to 9+ bars.

Now I'm waiting to get time to carry on with the annual service and I'll be sure both have no drift and set them both around 9bar IP pressure.

Yes, I know... that's because I said I have to service them ASAP.
I understand you know this but just to say it, you are like a dog chasing his tail trying to (fine) tune your second stages until you get the IP set correctly within specification range and stable. Mark 25 first stages and their Halcyon equivalent are known to have a slightly soft lockup but the amount of drift and variation you are infering is not acceptable.

I understand you know this but just to say it, you are like a dog chasing his tail trying to (fine) tune your second stages until you get the IP set correctly within specification range and stable. Mark 25 first stages and their Halcyon equivalent are known to have a slightly soft lockup but the amount of drift and variation you are infering is not acceptable.
Becasuse I use double tank, I have two regulators set. In one of then there is no drift at all and it's now set to 9bars.

For the topic of this post, the flow problem was because I used to have too much IP pressure. I've corrected that and flow is already gone. As suggested here is not a 2nd stage issue, but a 1st stage one.

I totally agree with you both 1st stages have to be properly services with no pressure drift at all, and I'll fix it as soon I get some spare time to carry on with their annual service using a brand new service kit. I'm now very confident this flow issue will not happen again in my regs.

Becasuse I use double tank, I have two regulators set. In one of then there is no drift at all and it's now set to 9bars.

For the topic of this post, the flow problem was because I used to have too much IP pressure. I've corrected that and flow is already gone. As suggested here is not a 2nd stage issue, but a 1st stage one.

I totally agree with you both 1st stages have to be properly services with no pressure drift at all, and I'll fix it as soon I get some spare time to carry on with their annual service using a brand new service kit. I'm now very confident this flow issue will not happen again in my regs.
Are you familiar with forbuceo.com? I think the appropriate subforum is Equipos General - FORO DE BUCEO DEPORTIVO . There's not nearly as many posts as here, but there are some knowledgeable people and it's in your home country and language so might be useful, especially if you need local sources for parts or service.

Just serviced my reg this weekend and now they are perfect. No more pressure drift nor flow, 1 water inch cranking efforrt. and 9.5 bars of IF .. perfect.

Thanks for everyone's help, mainly the guy who contacted me and gave me really good advise.

Just serviced my reg this weekend and now they are perfect. No more pressure drift nor flow, 1 water inch cranking efforrt. and 9.5 bars of IF .. perfect.

Thanks for everyone's help, mainly the guy who contacted me and gave me really good advise.

Good to hear.

If possible it would great to hear the advice you were given as it could be of benefit to many.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom