Undergarment Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The mesh on the thermal fusion does line up with the valves on the suit, no worries about that. The cost is a bit expen$$$ive but you get what you pay for, they are very good indeed. I do know some members commented on the lack of proper stitching on the thermal fusion. I would assume that Whites have corrected this?

The mesh on the thermal fusion does line up with the valves on the suit, no worries about that. The cost is a bit expen$$$ive but you get what you pay for, they are very good indeed. I do know some members commented on the lack of proper stitching on the thermal fusion. I would assume that Whites have corrected this?

Thank you for the reply,
But are you saying that the ATS mesh does line up with the value on the Santi E-motion?
It looks to me like the mesh section isn't large enough to be that high and off center.
If you mean that it lines up with the fusion suit, that I assumed, but then do you think that the stretch material above the ATS would allow adequate airflow if used on suits where the inflate valve does not like up?
Thanks

Last edited:
Neither my Santi BZ200 nor BZ400 have any mesh and both work fine. Many undergarments do not have mesh. It's not a deal breaker and I'd hazard not critical.

The mesh lines up with the valves on my DUI FLX Extreme. My suit does vent noticeably easier but that is not the reason I switched to the Fusion. I wanted something that allowed a bit more mobility since I found my DUI undergarment a bit restricting. I was not disappointed...the Thermal Fusion fits better and gives me more flexibility. I was diving yesterday with my sons in Lake Ontario and we did 45 minutes in 33 degree water and all I had on under my Thermal Fusion was an long sleeve running shirt.

Thanks Dhboner, I see that the valve on your DUI is fairly close to the location used by whites for the fusion DS.

buddasummer, thanks for the reply. I am only concerned that the stretch material Whites used as an outterlayer for the TF might restrict airflow into the garment.
Other undergarments that I have seen don't have this layer and since I have not seen one in person I am asking those who have if they think it might be an issue. I would hate to have to cut a hole in the outer layer to allow even distribution of air inside the garment instead of around it.
I am convinced that the inflator valve on the Santi E-motion would be too high to avoid being directly over this stretch material on the TF.

For anyone with the thermal Fusion undergarment, how, "breathable" is this outer layer?

Cheers

The only suit I ever had an issue with was my Weezle Extremes. It stuck to my exhaust valve. The inlet valve is not an issue. Any the guess is that the material that is used on the Weezle is silky enough to cause it to get stuck into the ports on the underside of the valve

Thank you for the reply,
But are you saying that the ATS mesh does line up with the value on the Santi E-motion?
Thanks

I can't comment on the Santi, I dive Whites. If I am not mistaken Lynn have both the thermal fusion and Santi E-motion. send her a PM.

No need to worry about the TF outerlayer, it does not restrict airflow and breaths very well.

Thank you ajduplessis,
I have sent a PM to the board member with that exact name, I hope it is the right member.

I am debating if I should get the Santi Flex190 mens (recommended) by my santi dealer, or get the whites line instead. I will be getting a MTM suit since i am "Height challenged" :eyebrow: or my other dimensions, and he thinks that the flex190 arms and legs (on the XXL) will have to be shortened.
I have tried on a fusion bullet L/XL and it fits. there must be a lot of stretch to the mid section.

Does the TF undergarment have similar stretch / sizing forgiveness?

Thanks

Her board name is TSandM.

Just an update - snagged a BZ400. Used, but good enough for me to get back into the water after a layoff.
Will continue to drool after BudhhaSummer's setup

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom