Undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought the softwear 300g and dove one week in BC in 44F waters with a trilam DUI 350 TLSE. I was very warm and comfortable.
I live in south california and use the same setting. Just be carefull not to close it too early during sunny days or it will create a lot of condensation inside.
The custom fit is nice and the fleece very supple and easy to maintain.

Bernard

Finally took some of my Christmas money and ordered 300wt custom jumpsuit from Janice. Ordered on a Thursday, contacted by Janice on Friday, suit complete on Saturday and shipped on Monday. Had it in my hands and underwater on Thursday night. Now THAT's customer service.

Suit fits perfect, added patchpockets and button hole for the plumbing. All top notch work. First dive to 88ft at a temp of 53 and I was toasty warm for 55 minutes. Looking forward to these warm jammies all winter long. Can't recommend the company enough.

Thanks Janice.

Terry

How do I reach Janice? Thanks.

Never mind I found her site.

You all may want to look at the OS MTS "STRETCH" Fleece undergarments. I just received one of their single layer jumpsuits, and I am ordering their vest, pants, and socks. The single layer is so form fitting I feel like Bruce Lee in it. It stretches FOUR ways and fits like a glove. Extremely flexible. It is so comfortable you will want to wear it around the house :eyebrow: The prices are right also.

I just got my DUI 400G. I dive in Norway and the DUI is perfect. It keeps me warm and comfy in subzero temperatures and with a squeezed shellsuit. I wear wear one layer of thin wool underwear under it.

Fidelio:
I just got my DUI 400G. I dive in Norway and the DUI is perfect. It keeps me warm and comfy in subzero temperatures and with a squeezed shellsuit. I wear wear one layer of thin wool underwear under it.

Det er ingenting som er bedre enn ull!

There's nothing better than a thin layer of wool underneath whatever you're wearing. I'm a neoprene suit diver myself, and all through the season I wear wool. One thin layer in summer and two thin layers in winter. If I should use a shell suit I would certainly use something like a 300G + wool underneath.

Oh, and my last dives were with water surface temperatures about 2 degrees celsius. That's about 35F, isn't it? :rocker:

Air temps at around 10F...

BlueDolphin:
No itch from the wool?? Or are you guys just used to it?

I don't know what you can buy where you live, but here wool undergarments have solid traditions. I'm wearing it as I'm sitting here now. But then it's well below 30F outside...

Seek up the word (Norwegian) ULLFROTTÉ There's your stuff. I have no idea what it's called in english, or if you can get it at all. But it doesn't itch, it brings transpiration away from your skin, and it's the warmest stuff you can wear underneath.

Important, it must be 100% pure new wool. No mix with synthetic fabrics can ever be better than the original. There's even some LAMA WOOL, you know the weird spitting animal from South America. Supposed to be even warmer. But I don't think you need it.

Some brand names:

Ullvang
Norheim
Ullfrotté
Aclima ( http://www.aclima.no/ ) = What I usually buy. High quality stuff.

And nope, NO ITCH ! :07:

BlueDolphin:
Cool,

Aclima Ultra = NO ITCH! Thanks!

That's my favourite. When it's really cold (Below 30 in the air) I wear two layers underneath my neoprene suit. These garments are thin, and two thin layers is much better than one thick.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom