Underwater Photography Show - Los Angeles Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone!

My name's Joel Danto, and this is my first posting on scubaboard. I wanted to let everyone know that I'm having a photography show this coming November 3rd. I've worked really hard on it and it's going to be pretty amazing so if you or people you know that enjoy underwater photography having nothing else going on (and live in LA) you should try and stop by! Here's a little info about the show:
Danto Photography and Artist's Corner Gallery present "From Another World". Now, this isn't your typical gallery show - it's a dual display featuring work from father-son team of Irwin and Joel Danto. Over the years they've gone on many family trips, often choosing locations and activities they've most wanted to photograph. But of all their adventures, their favorite thing to do together is scuba diving. They've always felt that there's something about the underwater atmosphere that is simply fascinating and unlike anything else on earth. Culled from a stunning variety of underwater photography, they've come up with a show that will make even the most casual viewer see our underworld in a new light.

The photography in this gallery show was shot all over the world. With the advances of photo-editing technology combined with the Danto's natural photographic ability, these pictures have grown into something much more than their humble beginnings, pulling the viewer in. You've probably seen underwater photography at some point in your life, but have you seen it paused and reassessed in this striking color arrangement? It makes the picture pop, evoking a completely unearthly kind of mood - ultimately changing the way one considers typical underwater experiences.

Checkout a sample of some of the photography here:
Underwater « dantophotography

Artist's Corner Gallery
7PM - 11PM
6585 Santa Monica Blvd., Hollywood, CA 90038
A bright red building on the corner of Seward Street
02-DSC00533-Edit.jpg16-DSC06737.jpg13a-DSC03788b.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Joel Danto @ Danto Photography

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom