***Underwater sound maker***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend a small and audible underwater noise maker to get someone's attention?

I just got an "Aquamaraca" but don't get the impression that it would be that noticeable under water.

I I know they have an air powered model which works above AND underwater but I already have a "Dive Alert" horn for the surface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sy

Can anyone recommend a small and audible underwater noise maker to get someone's attention?

I just got an "Aquamaraca" but don't get the impression that it would be that noticeable under water.

I I know they have an air powered model which works above AND underwater but I already have a "Dive Alert" horn for the surface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sy
Hi Sy.
Petsmart (A national chain of pet items) has a dog training clicker made of plastic and stainless steel.Cost is $1.49 each.They work just wonderfully,and you can pick up a few for your partners. They are about 1 1/2 in. long x 3/4 wide x 1/2 in. thick.Underwater they are a real attention getter...... Luck.

The dive moraccas work well if they are made of metal. I have seen them made out of plastic and they work terribly. I do like my metal one though

While we're on the subject... anyone have any suggestions for a sound device for a boat? For a diver recall type situation.

The one I got is $19 and is made of plastic. Will be returning it.

The dive moraccas work well if they are made of metal. I have seen them made out of plastic and they work terribly. I do like my metal one though

Hi,

Is this what you are referring to?

Top Paw® Clicker - Accessories - Training & Behavior - PetSmart

Thanks

Hi Sy.
Petsmart (A national chain of pet items) has a dog training clicker made of plastic and stainless steel.Cost is $1.49 each.They work just wonderfully,and you can pick up a few for your partners. They are about 1 1/2 in. long x 3/4 wide x 1/2 in. thick.Underwater they are a real attention getter...... Luck.

Is this is what you are referring to"

Sorry if you received multiple emails. My mistake.

Hi Sy.

Problem with revving the engine is that there is so much boat traffic down here, you'd never know if it was your boat, or just one going by. And, I don't think the ladder banging would travel far enough. Sometimes we anchor or tie up at a mooring ball on the reef, and then could swim hundreds of yards away from the boat u/w.

Is this is what you are referring to"

Sorry if you received multiple emails. My mistake.

I attached one of these on my can light's Goodman handle after first reading this thread. Tried it yesterday at Dutch Springs. With 12mm or 7mm hoods they are barely audible, perhaps more so once your ears get used to picking out the noise (also much less annoying than on land). It was loud enough to get my buddy's attention when I was basically next to her. In warm water (no hood), it should work better. But then again, I doubt rattler and such would be any easier to hear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom