Underwater Utila Photos (G9)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NicoleSlaw

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Here is a link to my underwater photos from Utila, Honduras. (as was promised before my trip to everyone amazing on here who helped me ease my fears of taking my camera and gave me tips on using it and keeping it safe. Thanks for all of your help!!! It really made everything great.). These were taken with a Canon G9 and the Canon housing. You can just click "view slideshow" and you don't have to actually create an account.

Kodakgallery.com Join now and receive beautiful photographic prints from your camera

~Nicole

Sorry, I dunno why it turned the link into those words. It was just a string of HTML when I pasted it in. I wasn't trying to advertise! But the link does take you to the pics.

Nice photos Nicole, thanks for sharing!

How great. looks like Utila is next on my list. Where did you stay?

How great. looks like Utila is next on my list. Where did you stay?

You should join us in June!

And nice pictures, it's always nice to see Utila represented! We've been a few times and keep going back. It looks like you stayed in town- Mango Inn perhaps?

Glad you had fun and thanks for sharing!

I stayed in the dorms at the dive shop I was using - Altons. I just couldn't turn down a bed that was $3 a night! Haha. I really enjoyed Utila, other than a nice bit of food poisioning while I was there! The diving was pretty good, although I did prefer the diving in Fiji and the Poor Knights in New Zealand... you can't beat the price in Utila though!

Thanks for posting your pictures. We'll be going in June as well, leaving on the 14th for Deep Blue Utila. Hope you asked some of the Whale Sharks to stick around a few extra weeks for us! Looking forward to the trip. It looks from your pictures as though there are plenty of fish and some nice Coral as well.

Thanks for letting us see your photos! I just purchased the G9, and was looking for an underwater housing. You said you used the housing from Canon right? Were you using an external strobe or the built in flash? I did like the series of photos as you were getting closer to the coral. It seems that the color don't show up until you are about 3 feet or less away from your subject. I wonder how much and external strobe would help this.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom