Underwater Weddings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, I got some interesting comments from you folks so far. As for the divers in the wedding, everyone that 's been involved so far was certified. We did have the brides Dad snorkel above us since he wasn't a diver. The wedding's we've done have been at around 30 - 40 feet deep in areas that are known for having good conditions and plentiful marine life. Vows have been written on slates prior to the dive. Handsignals are used as well as an Underwater Kiss to complete things. We had a pre-dive ceremony and post dive document signing to make things "official". The feedback we got afterward from the participants and observers was very positive. Weddings can be quite stressful even though the intention is to have the best day of your life. That's where the diving fits in real nice to put huge smiles on everyones faces. What other ideas do you all have floating around about this? I'd be interested in hearing them!

Ah-Lowwwwwwww-Haaaaaaaa!

Shaka Doug

At some of the underwater weddings I've seen on TV, the participants used underwater communications devices (UCD). That way they can say their vows underwater. Might make the first kiss a little tricky, though...LOL

miketsp:
This couple got married in an aquarium....

http://www.drix.pix.nom.br/aquario_do_guaruja.htm

I guess you could do it anywhere underwater. I never thought of the aquarium though. We have a nice one here called the Maui Ocean Center, I wonder how they'd feel about a few people wanting to get married in the shark tank! Maybe they could serve cake and champagne to the people watching through the glass!

Anyone else taken the plunge out there?

miketsp:
This couple got married in an aquarium....

http://www.drix.pix.nom.br/aquario_do_guaruja.htm

Uh oh they have their regs. out of their mouthes in a few pictures.. tsk tsk tsk..

That actually looks pretty cool. Theres an aquarium around here that lets divers go in the big tank and feed the sharks (weird, i know), the tank is about 8 or 9 stories tall with a spiral walkway going up the outside and live coral in the middle. I wouldn't mind getting married there...

<33 Jess

My fiance is in Iraq right now. Finally after 14 long months he will be home in a couple of weeks (Maybe in time for Valentines Day) and we are looking for a caribbean island to get married underwater at. Although Hawaii is very temping. We prefer the caribbean. I am having problems finding a nice island that offer this service.Can anyone help with some ideas? thank you .you can email me at diverdebh@yahoo.com

I have been involved in a couple of underwater weddings and even more underwater marrage proposals. One day I will write them up as distinctive specialty courses, then you can get the card.

diverdebh:
My fiance is in Iraq right now. Finally after 14 long months he will be home in a couple of weeks (Maybe in time for Valentines Day) and we are looking for a caribbean island to get married underwater at. Although Hawaii is very temping. We prefer the caribbean. I am having problems finding a nice island that offer this service.Can anyone help with some ideas? thank you .you can email me at diverdebh@yahoo.com

I've seen on Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort web page http://www.amoray.com/
that they do underwater weddings. They are located in Key Largo.

I've never used them, but I'm sure you could get reviews from others.

-mike

Back
Top Bottom