United Way & DAN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you ever noticed that United Way always picks bosses to be their chairmen? The implied threat is loss of job or displeasure of the boss if you don't give. Tell UW to go to hell and give your money to the Asssociation of Ambulance Chasing Attorneys. They deserve your support!

Where I work, we are also strong-armed into giving to United Way. I refuse to participate. I just turn in my little paper and write on it that I won't give. In my area, United Way used to support the rescue squad. They have since cut all of our funding. Another squad member was being strong-armed at work to give, so he gave money but designated it to the rescue squad (which United Way DOES NOT support.) When the check came in to the rescue squad, it was for considerably less than he gave. Obviously, the "paper shuffle" works if it's an agency United Way already supports; if it's not, I guess they just take their considerable cut off the top.

I refuse to support the united way. I am a hunter and a rifleman, and am STRONGLY aposed to anyone who supports those groups that would seek to destroy my way of life. United way directly and indirectly supports these groups. PETA is on the hate list too. instead I turn my money over to the Masons, Shriners, St. Vincent DePaul, food banks, homeless shelters, etc. the "paper shuffle" moves money a long way....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom