Unknown body recovered, Mallorca island, Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999

The Guardia Civil is investigating the discovery of the dead body of a diver this morning in the sea off Cala Bona, in Son Servera.

The body is that of a male victim and that he died recently.
A local resident spotted something floating in the sea and later discovered that it was a person wearing a wetsuit.
The body was pulled out of the water and had no documentation on it, so for the moment it is unidentified.
The victim has been taken to the nearest yacht club, where the on-duty coroner is expected to carry out an initial visual inspection to clarify the causes of death.

I do wonder how many divers carry ID on dives. I've worn my DAN tag with my name and membership number on my BC for over a decade.

Interesting that they call it a diver with the only specific evidence referred to is that he was wearing a wetsuit. Lots of people wear wetsuits.

As long as we've no data here's my random speculation: The person was a spy and killed in some kind of James Bond-esque caper.

Unless he was wearing specific dive gear one can't really say for sure he was a diver.
Could have been a surfer.
He could have fallen off a sailing dingy.

I do wonder how many divers carry ID on dives.
I have my name on various parts of my gear

Back Plate
Dive knife
Regulator
inside of my wetsuit
Fins
Tanks
Camera housing, arms and strobes.
Lights and probably most of my gear is marked one way or another to avoid confusion on boats and at dive ops when I'm traveling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom