Update on Galapagos??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this only confirms that currently only 3 boats are going to Wolf & Darwin.

Feedback from participants of recent (2008) trips to Wolf & Darwin would be very appreciated.

See my trip report from January on my blog. Linky in my signature.

Guess what?

Ken Weemhoff:
Dear Divers

I am pleased to announce that the yacht "Deep Blue" is now authorized to operate Galapagos dive trips to the islands of Darwin and Wolf and there is now space available for trips in 2008.

To see a copy of the Deep Blue's diving permit. please visit Patente for the Deep Blue

Can't wait 'til May 26! :D :D :D :D

I just got word today that a scientific research foundation is probably going to get a permit to conduct a project in the Galapagos in 2009 on a boat that I've joined in the past. I was also told I may be asked to join them on this trip. Ah, there are advantages to being a marine biologist other than not paying a lot of taxes (because most of us don't earn much)!

My mom went to Galapagos about 20 years ago (only land tours, she's not a diver) and she said it ties with an African safari as the best trip of her life, and she's traveled extensively. While she was there, she bought some Lonesome George wood carving earrings for me and I'm wearing them today in anticipation of my trip in June.:D

You guys are gonna have a ball. I'll second your mom's opinion.

Explorer Ventures has a valid permit for Darwin and Wolf for 2008 on the Estrella del mar. Different boat/same operator as before. Contact them and they can provide you a copy of it. It is legit and the only permit this year that allows land and diving on the same permit.

I'm going to go in 2009... what time of year is "best" to dive, in terms of variety of marine life, topside weather conditions and water temp?

Please tell me it's Janaury not December since I can wait 8 months but not sure about 20 :)

I'm going to go in 2009... what time of year is "best" to dive, in terms of variety of marine life, topside weather conditions and water temp?

Please tell me it's Janaury not December since I can wait 8 months but not sure about 20 :)

My own preference is to dive Galapagos between July and November due to the better chance of seeing whalesharks. Unfortunately this coincides with the colder months both in air and water temperatures. So sorry, for the best diving, it won't be 8 months, unless you try to go this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom