Upset and mad at myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... and don't be mad at yourself ... I did the same thing when I was a new diver, as have several other folks I know.

None of us suffered any noticeable damage or injury because of it. In fact, I went on to use that reg for several hundred dives before I decided to upgrade to something I liked better ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

In fact, there is next to no risk at all- I have observed rental units that regularly are left "uncapped." It's not a good thing, but not a rare thing. Just be sure to test the equipment in shallow water- like a pool or just off shore, for about 10 minute of continuous use by you in normal set up before diving at depth.
DivemasterDennis

Hey guys incidently I give the first stage and the cap a quick blast of air from my tank after washing to dry em out before putting the cap back on.Never really thought of it as an issue.

Careful giving the 1st stage a blast. Don't want to blast water into it. Off, yes. In no. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom