USA Today Story - Swim with Sharks ($100)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The New Jersey State Aquarium was doing this for a while but stopped fairly recently. Now you need to be a friend or related to one of the Aquarium divers and I think they are only allowed to bring two guest a year. There are a couple of people in our dive club who help out there and they really work them hard.

Ty

Marineland,Epcot and SeaWorld all have dive programs.Some that allow various interaction up to and including with Dolphins.Prices up to $150 or more .

There are plans to build a new aqarium in Freno Ca. They to are looking at a similiar program. jfo56

Are you sure you didn't just find a treatment fo a new MTV show along the lines of Fear Factor? ie: "An inter-racial group of 20-somethings must stay at a hip & funky beach-house with a tank full of man-eating sharks in the center. Once a week, on hidden cameras, they vote for who is the worst house-keeper & throw him into the tank."
:wink:

It is expensive but I had fun. They won't let you wear your own gear except your mask so as to protect the fish.

All the fish are so well fed that they have absolutely no interest in you. It diffinately is not like diving in the ocean.

If you are a ham like me you will get a kick out of being part of the Disney attraction. Hundreds of people are watching you dive.

Originally posted by art.chick
Are you sure you didn't just find a treatment fo a new MTV show along the lines of Fear Factor? ie: "An inter-racial group of 20-somethings must stay at a hip & funky beach-house with a tank full of man-eating sharks in the center. Once a week, on hidden cameras, they vote for who is the worst house-keeper & throw him into the tank."
:wink:

Art.Chick - You are on to something. You better call the good people at MTV before someone steals your idea!

The Kansas City Zoo has a string ray experience much like sting ray city in Cayman that opened this year. They allow feeding and actual contact with the rays for children over 8 and adults. I haven't been yet but hear it is a big hit with kids.

:bunny: KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

About 5 years ago I did the shark tank dive / walk at UNDERWATER WORLD Mooloolaba, North Coast Queensland.
http://www.underwaterworld.com.au/
It cost $55.00 (ozzy money) and was money well spent.
You had to wear 2 weight belts to keep you on the bottom as you are not allowed to swim around.
They had the Grey nurses,small reefies and when we were there a 7 foot tiger shark.
It was funny to see the reaction of the people in the viewing tunnel.
Highly recomend it if you can do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom