Using dimension i3 with a drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barilhu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been using the i3 system for most of my diving life. I just love it.

Does anyone have experience using a dimension i3 with a drysuit. My main question is the release of air. You cannot release air from your drysuit valve ( elevate your arm ) at the same time as you use your i3 , since your arm is down.

How do you manage ascent

Barilhu. New to drysuit!!!!

Hi,

A bit old, but noone answered yet ...
I use a Dimension i3 with drysuit. You dont need both. The BCD is only used at the surface. Once you submerge the BCD is totally empty and you will only use the drysuit for buoancy control. So its no issue.

Serge

Once you submerge the BCD is totally empty and you will only use the drysuit for buoancy control

I disagree with this a little bit...in deeper dives, I find a little air in the BCD to be beneficial. For more shallow dives, this is absolutely true. That said, you don't need to raise your arm to vent your drysuit, you just need to elevate your shoulder. You can easily do this and reach the i3. Just roll a bit to the right so that your left shoulder is the highest point, and don't have your valve tightened down - it will vent just fine as you ascend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom