Using SMB For Backup Flotation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I attributed no quotes to you that weren't direct quotes from your posts. I suggest you provide an example of where I did so. :shakehead:

Try post 68...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3965821-post68.html

misquote.jpg

My DUI 30/30 "tropical" drysuit has been to Bonaire, Caymans, Hawaii, Curacao, West Palm Beach, etc. Hell, the only time I wear a wetsuit is in a heated pool with students!

You're just a slacker! :D

I wear a wetsuit in the pool and for 2 dives during the last week of august.

Terry

No Eric, double AL 80s and an AL 40 stage are considered a balanced rig and acceptable for (light) technical diving in a wetsuit.

Did you miss the part where Tim said he was neutral at the end of the dive?? The only weight we'd be swimming up is the weight of the gas and wetsuit compression swing (forget all those other numbers). If someone can't swim that up, they need to get a tee time.

Brian,

Neutral at the end of the dive has nothing to do with it. It is the negative bouyancy at the most negative part of the dive that matters, which would be on descent, where a run away descent scenario is most likely to happen. This is especially important on blue water wall dives, and there are accidents documented where this has happened. Swimming up empty AL80's would not require a whole lot of effort, and isn't a pratical example. And since you'd like to call me out on this, let's go do the Lowrance together, descend, put in maybe 10 minutes of BT to accrue some decompression obligation, empty your wing, and watch you come up from the sand and do your stops without a form of backup bouyancy, since you consider your rig to be balanced. When you have a leg cramp from kicking vertically during your ascent and stops, would you like some help? Or, would your cavalier attitude get you through? I can hear the bubbles forming in your joints as I type this.

My DUI 30/30 "tropical" drysuit has been to Bonaire, Caymans, Hawaii, Curacao, West Palm Beach, etc. Hell, the only time I wear a wetsuit is in a heated pool with students!

Money well spent, I'm sure. :shakehead:

:doh:

RJP,

You are killing me here.

Let's take a look at the facts:

battles2a5:
Oh wow, I think my last post landed me on RJP's ignore list. Whoops! Guess I struck a nerve.

RJP:
How do you figure that? Because I didn't respond within moments?

battles2a5:
No, mempilot quoted one of your posts after mine and I couldn't find it. I thought you blocked me!! Anyway, glad that's not the case. I'd hate to lose friends over arguing about lift bag techniques

RJP:
Well actually, he's attributed a handful of quotes to me that aren't mine so that might explain why you couldn't find them...

mempilot:
I attributed no quotes to you that weren't direct quotes from your posts. I suggest you provide an example of where I did so.

Then, you proceed to give not example of where I attributed a handful of quotes to you that aren't you, but you give an example of where I attributed direct quotes of you from your own posts.

Dude, you are so dilusional, it's funny. You spent all your time arguing a point and finally back it up with an example that doesn't even fit the basis of the discussion. Then you go on some rant about me misquoting you, when I only quote you direct out of your own posts. Holly crap Batman! You need a therapist.

Back
Top Bottom