Using unidentified DOT cylinder in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

derwoodwithasherwood:
Ah yes, I do recall some other posts that suggest you are more than an unemployed IT manager from Toronto. You have mentioned something about testing SCBA cylinders in the past. So it begs the questions: Who is your company, and how far in the future is "pending"? (If I may be so bold.)

CGA and CSA. Two more private consortiums that derive profit from convincing governments that they know what they are talking about and then charge dearly to let the select few know what the laws are adopting by reference.

I'm not surprised that there might be different levels of qualifications for testing facilities. I would be surprised if that has somehow been manipulated into modifying the grandfathering of pre-1993 DOT cylinder marking though. Does something somewhere actually say that + marks must be continually maintained?

I assume you are referring to cylinders manufactured after 1993 with TC markings, not grandfathered DOT cylinders?

Yes. not grandfathered.

My company only deals with retail and service outlets - we don't do much directly with the public.

My TC inspector is the source for the ongoing + certification remark.

Ontario Diver:
My company only deals with retail and service outlets - we don't do much directly with the public.

Oh well, so much for that idea then. Cursing my forturne, I continue my quest...

So does anyone know who can do it in Ontario then? Alternatively, what if I just drive across the border and find a US shop that does it -- would that be a problem?

derwoodwithasherwood:
Oh well, so much for that idea then. Cursing my forturne, I continue my quest...

So does anyone know who can do it in Ontario then? Alternatively, what if I just drive across the border and find a US shop that does it -- would that be a problem?
MONTY,If you can't get it,let me know!!
Ray

Ray2:
MONTY,If you can't get it,let me know!!
Ray

Thanks for the consideration, but to be brutally honest, I was thinking more in terms of day-trip distances. Florida is a bit further south than I envisioned!

(Of course, the weather is better down there at this time of year. I wonder how the border guards would take to a fellow with a scuba tank strapped to the back of his motorcycle? :lol:)

derwoodwithasherwood:
Thanks for the consideration, but to be brutally honest, I was thinking more in terms of day-trip distances. Florida is a bit further south than I envisioned!

(Of course, the weather is better down there at this time of year. I wonder how the border guards would take to a fellow with a scuba tank strapped to the back of his motorcycle? :lol:)
LOL,I would pay to see that,c'mon all the storms have passed,and we can dive in the mudhole off Jacksonville we call the Atlantic Ocean.Montyb and I have 1 of the cylinders each and we are looking for more but they are very hard to find.It looks like he beat me to the punch(to see if you would sell)but if you want to get rid and he can't buy,I'm next in line :eyebrow:
Thanks
Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom