Using Zeagle Ranger w/doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter you made a HUGE typo.. Your friends Ranger had a design flaw (not ours).

I have been diving my Ranger for the last 9 or 10 years and the only flaw I have found is that they made it perfect. I have not bought another bc since then becouse of this.

Just think if they made it out of the same cheep material that others have. I would have bought 2 or 3 by now.

Keep up the good work

Mark

I have 3 Rangers, mine and 2 for my boys. Never a problem and don't see any reason to change. I, too, am thinking about doubles and cave certifications. Still in the very early stages of that idea, but my plan is to dive doubles with the Ranger.

An 18 year old thread back from the dead!

I have 3 Rangers, mine and 2 for my boys. Never a problem and don't see any reason to change. I, too, am thinking about doubles and cave certifications. Still in the very early stages of that idea, but my plan is to dive doubles with the Ranger.
Before you get all caught up in the idea of tech/cave diving doubles with your Ranger, understand that tech/cave instructors may not allow it.

Before you get all caught up in the idea of tech/cave diving doubles with your Ranger, understand that tech/cave instructors may not allow it.
Thank you Marie 13! I'm still just toying with the idea, trying to learn a little as I go. I've been diving for quite some time and I may finally have the time to step up my game a little. I've done a bit of spelunking in the past, so cavern/cave diving has caught my attention. I want to explore it a little and see where it leads.

Sorry to ressurect this old thread. I need to learn not to do 2 or 3 things at the same time!

Hey....... nothing wrong with resurrecting an old thread.... and folks that don't like reading an old thread can feel free to just ignore it.

I personally love the Ranger and consider it the best BC option as both a "rec" and a "tech" BC. I have never configured mine for doubles, but routinely use it with a 120HP and back mounted 19cf Pony.

Thank you Marie 13! I'm still just toying with the idea, trying to learn a little as I go. I've been diving for quite some time and I may finally have the time to step up my game a little. I've done a bit of spelunking in the past, so cavern/cave diving has caught my attention. I want to explore it a little and see where it leads.

Sorry to ressurect this old thread. I need to learn not to do 2 or 3 things at the same time!

If you are going to the Tech route, don't buy anything until you have picked your instructor and discussed what equipment he requires and are acceptable for technical training. All technical diving agencies have very strict requirements for equipment used in their courses.

Back
Top Bottom