uwatec galileo sol transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If running 2 transmitters and one goes off would'nt it change all the calculations... So say your doing a 40m deco dive and you have 2 tanks with 100 bar left in both, if one transmitter went to sleep then, wouldn't the computer alarms start going off because you you've gone beyond your rbt Evan though it's just because the transmitter is off??
No, the alarms don't go off when you are not breathing that tank. Yes, if you go beyond your RBT your alarm will go off if it is programed to go off.

No, the alarms don't go off when you are not breathing that tank. Yes, if you go beyond your RBT your alarm will go off if it is programed to go off.

Let's say theoretically with both tanks on 100bar on a 40m deco dive. So you have 200bar all up which lets just say it gives you 4 min rbt but then when your other transmitter goes off the computer thinks you have 100bar left instead of 200bar , so then your rbt goes to 2 min because you lost halve your air. Then the alarms would start warning you with 2mim rbt. Evan thought you actually have 200bar?

Remaining bottom time calculated By your remaining air, current breathing rate,deco and safety stops. So your rbt is 2 min therefore you can stay at the depth for 2 more minutes before you need to ascend so that you have enough air to make all necessary safety stops and so that you get to the surface with the air reserve you set. So I have my air reserve at 40 bar so on every dive I end up with 40 bar so if anything happens I have a spare 40bar. It's the beauty o air integrated computers

Let's say theoretically with both tanks on 100bar on a 40m deco dive.

Remaining bottom time calculated By .......,deco .... So your rbt is 2 min therefore you can stay at the depth for 2 more minutes before you need to ascend

So you're on a planned deco dive and the rbt alarm goes off when you go into deco? Why??

Suppose this is a cave dive. The computer tells you to ascend because of deco, but there is 1000 tonns of rock above your head. What do you do?

When I say based on deco I mean deco stops sorry. When I go into deco an alarm does go off letting me know but it then goes to tell me my deco stops.

What I'm saying is if the computer thinks I have 100 bar left at 40 m during a deco dive, it will want me to start my ascent so I can complete all safety and deco stops and be on the surface with 40bar. But I actually have 200 bar but since the transmitter goes off it just thinks I have 100.
If I go beyond my Rbt it means I'm breathing that 40 bar I had in reserve. So in what you said if I'm in a cave and arnt at my ascent point due to something happening , then I have 40 bar to get to my ascent line. If iI don't get there within 40 bar then i dont have enough air to safely complete deco and safety stops.

I dive sidemount with two tanks, and have no problem with the current transmitters.

Hi Jax, I agree that the old transmitter is not a problem. You can just do a little purge periodically if you want to wake the transmitter up, right? But, I'm curious about your methodology diving side mount. Do you treat the two tanks the same as you would a stage or deco tank? In other words, do you program a gas switch and confirm the switch when you switch tanks during the dive?

And in response to ianr33, dynamic sac rate tracking is the main reason I like AI. It shows me how myrate changes, not only with depth but with other variables as well (task loading, current, etc.)

Remaining bottom time calculated By your remaining air, current breathing rate,deco and safety stops. So your rbt is 2 min therefore you can stay at the depth for 2 more minutes before you need to ascend so that you have enough air to make all necessary safety stops and so that you get to the surface with the air reserve you set. So I have my air reserve at 40 bar so on every dive I end up with 40 bar so if anything happens I have a spare 40bar. It's the beauty o air integrated computers

Most AI computers only calculate and display remaining bottom time when you are running a single tank. With multiple tanks and multiple transmitters it is very complicated to calculate and for the most part meaningless.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom