Uwatec Smart Tec connection to transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

My smart tec is losing contact with the transmitter and alarming all the time (annoying!!). When I raise my hand up close to the transmitter it reconnects briefly. My ikelite strobe really plays havoc with the connection and more recently on night dives my light too.

I've changed the transmitter battery several times (and the smart tec's too back at the factory - it now has 97% battery) and just recently put another fresh battery in the transmitter. I'm off diving this weekend and will see how it goes.

I've tried raising and lowering the tank position, but that's has no affect. I'm using an aqualung Legend 1st stage if that matters?

I was considering putting the smart tec into "all-silent" mode via Smarttrak, but the selection option is grayed-out and I can't select it. Can this be over-ridden to allow me to change the setting?

Any help is very greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Simon

Hi all,

My smart tec is losing contact with the transmitter and alarming all the time (annoying!!). When I raise my hand up close to the transmitter it reconnects briefly. My ikelite strobe really plays havoc with the connection and more recently on night dives my light too.

You should send the transmitter and computer back to Uwatec for service.

I'm sure they'll either find the problem and fix it or just swap it out. I've never had anything less than stellar service from them.

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom