Vandenberg In Political Trouble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is good news for a change.
Assuming everything goes as planned and the state comes up with the money, the judge clears the lien, and she is sunk where intended, I would agree with Americanreefer, that there be an investigation into what happened to the money that was to come from all of the precious metals onboard that was sold for scrap.

I am going to withold emotion, until the money is actually transferred, and that things progress without any more surprises or lawsuits.

That is basically how the populer dive sight "Joe's Tug" happened down here in the 80's.
It would've helped if they hadn't managed to drop it on a reef.

I'm hopeful, but cheering this thing on is kinda like being a Cubs fan; in the back of your mind you can't help but suspect you are having your hopes raised (again) only to have them dashed at the last second. (And I never miss an opportunity to remind Cub fans that the Marlins have two more World Series wins in the past 100 years than the Northsiders.)

I am hopefull but not getting excited. I was going to go down and watch the sinking in May but of course that never happened. So I will wait and when the sinking takes place I will get happy about it.

John_B:
You have much wisdom...........grasshopper!

GRD:
I was planning on going down to watch the sinking too (in May). Maybe this time it will happen. Depending on the date, maybe we could carpool down. You have to keep optomistic it WILL happen!

remember folks, this $1.6 million only pays the shipyard bill to date.

doesn't mean that other shipyard charges aren't needed to complete the cleaning.

Then there is the towing bill to get it down there. that will be SEVERAL HUNDRED THOUSAND.

Then any prep and local expenses.

This ship isn't sunk yet, but it's followon funding still may be. The banks have withdrawn their support.

Better news than before! We'll keep those fingers crossed!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom