Vandenberg In Political Trouble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone hear anythnig about the Federal court case?

Either one of the two things will happen.

1.) the city/state/other coughs up the money to get the ship out of it's unpaid bill

2.) they don't pay, the ship sits, accumulatings additional storage fees. At some point and time the ships bill is more expensive than it's value and it will be sold for salvage to offset the unpaid bill.

so basically, unless someone coughs up a couple million in the next month or two, you will be able to buy the Vandenberg one pack of razor blades at a time.

I thought they had it down to about 1.3 mill from 2.4?
What happened now?

Either one of the two things will happen.

1.) the city/state/other coughs up the money to get the ship out of it's unpaid bill

2.) they don't pay, the ship sits, accumulatings additional storage fees. At some point and time the ships bill is more expensive than it's value and it will be sold for salvage to offset the unpaid bill.

so basically, unless someone coughs up a couple million in the next month or two, you will be able to buy the Vandenberg one pack of razor blades at a time.

Think of the marketing.....

Gillette Fusion Extreme - Vandenberg Edition

You know if they screw this up KW prob wont get any more ships for reefs.

You know if they screw this up KW prob wont get any more ships for reefs.

I'm sure Florida won't go away unscathed in MARAD's mind as well...

I thought they had it down to about 1.3 mill from 2.4?
What happened now?

Key West needs an additional 1.3 mill or something like that, then someone has to pay the shipyard bill to get 'bail' the ship out of arrest.

remember that diesel fuel is about twice what it was last year, so towing costs will be higher this year also

the situation is all kinds of fluid, so take this for what its worth...

my source has heard that the vandenberg is now being targeted for a sinking toward the end of 2008. apparently, a large part of it has to do with getting money from the government at the beginning of the new fiscal year later this calendar year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom