Venice 10/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soda:
So, Venice Ave down, take a left at the last light and south to Harbor?

Almost. Down Venice Ave, take a left at the last light and south on Harbor.

I've never had much luck at Caspersen. I'll be at Alhambra with folks from another board on Sunday. I haven't decided yet where I'll be on Saturday.

The reports coming out of the SE appear promising, current swaying that way for a full weekend of diving rather than just a day trip. Will post tomorrow once i have discussed with my co-driver/buddy. :wink:

My kids have soccer tryouts on Saturday. I'm gonna have to miss this one :(

I'm going on the night dive tonight and hanging out abit tomorrow for some shore dives so I doubt I'll be at Venice tomorrow. Looking forward to the reports.

Chuck

So this trip kind of died a little i guess. Becky and i are also SE bound. Have fun if anyone goes, maybe in another few weeks or so we can find teeth again. :wink:

My wife and I are lossing our mind, as well as our diving skills. We are thinking of making the trip on Sat.10/2 and try to find a few teeth. We will be leaving Tampa around 0730 and should get to Alhambra around 9ish. All are wlecome to join us and we would appreciate a recent viz report.

CBulla:
Nice site: http://www.scgov.net/ they have the latest news on it.

Nice work finding the site. At the bottom there is a link to other beachfront counties. Showing that Palm Beach & Broward beaches are clear (tho the testing dates were a few days old).

Conditions today at Venice Beach:

Flat calm, no current, 2 feet of visibility in 82 degree brown water. The bottom is covered in slimey silt. I found only 24 teeth in 72 minutes of bottom time. Brian only found 2 teeth, but they were both 4 inch megs.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom