Venice Beach (Alhambra) Report - 5-29-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a dumb question here, what does one actually do with all those teeth?
Collect them?
Sell them?

Thanks!

Depends on the individual, but some things some folks do are:

make jewelry
display them individually
display them in mass
display them with shells and other aquatic items
give them to children (old enough not to put them in their mouths)
share them with friends and relatives
sell them
collect them
study them.........................

Today...
Seas - Calm
Water Temp - 83-85 F
Vis - 8-12'

Today's haul...

644 teeth total - two dives for a total of 3 hours

5-31-08_haul.jpg

Well since walter,dkramer and cooltech said it is a good solo dive at venice I went and did it this afternoon....water temp was 83 at 20'......6' viz at about 14' then opened up to a good 15'-18' viz at 20. Found 300 teeth and 2 ok small megs....saw a lot of flounder , starfish and a nice very small little reef system out from the 2 condos at Alhambra! It was fun not having to pay attention to anyone else and just looking around.

Well since walter,dkramer and cooltech said it is a good solo dive at venice I went and did it this afternoon....water temp was 83 at 20'......6' viz at about 14' then opened up to a good 15'-18' viz at 20. Found 300 teeth and 2 ok small megs....saw a lot of flounder , starfish and a nice very small little reef system out from the 2 condos at Alhambra! It was fun not having to pay attention to anyone else and just looking around.
I find it very relaxing, and even an AL80 will last most people 2 hrs...

Ya mean the Sheepshead boys didn't come out to see ya! There is a group of about 8 - 10 of them that like to hang out on that small reef. Pretty good size ones.:D

Oh they did...nibbles on the fingers aren't too bad, but a suprise attack to the ears I can do without!!

Just a dumb question here, what does one actually do with all those teeth?
Collect them?
Sell them?

Thanks!

Good question as far as what do you do with them after you find them........ First of all, for most people, the beach diving is very relaxing and easy. Most people simply put their finds out on display. The really good ones can be sold. We have a jar we're filling with the small ones and keep the larger ones out on a table. It's just a lot of fun diving for them (sort of like a treasure hunt, but no gold) and the trip is easy.

Jim, nice finds at VB. I need to get there sometime and get some more teeth. I've given most of mine away. Mostly to Boy Scouts that have done something particuraly well and neighborhood kids. Yes, I used to be a Scout Leader.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom