Venice Beach Conditions - May 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't ya know... I got an emergency call from a business where the network was down while I was on my way to the dive this morning

Good conditions today. 10-15 feet of visabiltiy.

Two sets of seahorses, one small meg and lots of pipefish

The conditions tomorrow should be like today. I almost didn't go in. The water was pea green, with around 3' waves.

Fortunately, when we got to VB, the long missing Fred Gray was suiting up, so I waited until he went out. When he called out he was in 7' of water and could see the bottom, I thought I needed to call the luney bin, but decided to take the chance.

Nice conditions underwater, 73 degrees. Zech and I found around 200 teeth, and I came away with a small meg (in good shape, though).

Fred, as always, nice to see you.

CoolTech, what can I say. I knew you'd chicken out :).

one of my buddies did not get his tank ... is somplace open near venice beach on sunday morning to get air?
Kim P

The conditions were good again today. I hear that although the winds are less in the summer, the algae blooms in June causing poor visability. Is this true?

Good vis today but no megs :( 53 sm teeth but most that i found was broken or chiped in some way.
I find a slender black pieces that have gruves up on side ... i am not sure what they are but i keep picking them as they appear to be a fossel of some sort ... any clue guys?
Kim P
Going back June 2cd :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom