Venice conditions - please, no off topic posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dove South Brohard today, water temp 84, viz 6-8, opening up to 10 ft in a few spots, lot of silt, but the blocks are still holding a lot of fish. One of the divers in my group found 14" peice of mammoth tusk, another found a mammoth tooth. No megs found but one very nice 1 3/4" Hemipristis. No jellies!

Got out with Florida West today

seas flat
water temp 85
vis 5'-6' some places 8'+

brought this home

Attachments

• TEETH092108.JPG
    TEETH092108.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 111
I went out with Aristikat today. Vis was about 12-15 feet! Gorgeous! Teeth I found were all laying on the surface, no silt/muck. Water was 76 deg- great in a shorty. Aristikat was a great charter- nice roomy, clean boat. Very friendly guy. Only charges $40! Well worth my 286 mile drive! Pics of my finds below. http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/111048/ppuser/100156

What sort of diving is there in the Venice area? My inlaws bought a place down there this year. We are thinking of heading down and bringing our dive gear. Shore diving sounds like a bust. Tour operators?

What sort of diving is there in the Venice area? My inlaws bought a place down there this year. We are thinking of heading down and bringing our dive gear. Shore diving sounds like a bust. Tour operators?

The shore diving is great and cheap! My son and I just got back....Viz was 5 to 7'... We found about 500 small teeth and he found a 3: meg.....bottom temp was 82 at 21'

28-Sep-08 (Service Club):
- East winds 5 knots, overcast, flat seas, water 80F
- vis was 2-5' out to 25' in depth with patches of silty areas having 0-1' vis

Dave

Sept 27 afternoon at boneyard with Aristakat. Dive 1 was 82 degrees, 10-12 ft. viz. We moved to another spot and got 20 foot viz. Found a few teeth, one 2 incher, but not perfect.

Sept 28th afternoon with the Aristakat. Dive 1 was 76 degrees Dive 2 was 79 degrees. 10-12 ft. viz.

Bottom was very silty in some areas, completely clear in others. By the way, I love diving on the Aristakat! Capt. Jaimie called me prior to me coming up for my dive (during the morning run) to tell me that the water temp was warm but the air temp wasn't, and to bring something warm for the boat ride! That's awesome service!

Found a few smaller but very nice Megs and a good number of other teeth as well. I had the priviledge of diving with FossilBabe on this dive. She sure knows her stuff!

Thanks again Jaimie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom