Venice Gathering w/ Indy Scott, September 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missdirected:
Debby, you do know of the January gathering/dive with the manatees, yes? That one is going to be incredible.

Yes Tracy, and thank you for reminding me! I've done that trip two or three times and it is indeed incredible!!! My old bones (arthritis) simply can't handle that cccccold water anymore and a drysuit isn't in the budget, but I can't wait to read y'alls trip reports and see your photos...swimming with the manatees is a spiritual experience!!

Missdirected:
Debby, you do know of the January gathering/dive with the manatees, yes? That one is going to be incredible.

Yes it was incredible ... I learned so much on that trip and so did my son Sean. We cant wait to do it again this year with friends :wink:
Kim P

Well...I know this thread is mostly "done", but the Venice beach dive was the START of my vacation (working vacation, that is) and I'm now finally back home.

I had a great time. Miss-D, Tracy, Debbie, Capt. Grumpy and many others names I've forgotten (I'm horrible with names and it's amazing I can remember that many...) it was great to meet you all and just generally fun to hang out with everyone.

Capt. Grumpy...sorry we got separated on the last dive. Sounds like you hit the "motherload".

I wound up with about 20 "keeper" teeth and several sand dollars which cleaned up very nicely....and let's not forget the "Titleist 1" I found. Remember...as another forgotten named gentleman told me, "If you find it underwater, it's treasure...if you find it in the parking lot, it's trash!". I'm sticking with that.

And in case other's in the area perhaps don't know about it...I dove the old "Palm Island Ferry" about 7-9 miles off Englewood beach the following Saturday. Wow! What a great dive for the gulf. There was already a pair of divers on the wreck when we got there but it was LOADED with thousands of baitfish...like you had to brush them out of the way to see! Nice soft coral growth as well as hard. Some MONSTER barracuda; seriously! Saw at least 5, six footers! The divers that were on site said they saw 5 Goliath Grouper, but they must've spooked them as we didn't see them. Vis was about 30' and it was in 52' of water. Very nice dive. Grouper, Bonita, Snapper and then lots of little reef fish as well. The only thing I really didn't see was lobster, but we didn't spend too much time on the wreck as we couldn't find the damn thing on our first descent and had to pop up and locate it from the top and then drop back down almost directly on it....yeah...my underwater navigation skills need some serious work.

Anyway, was great to meet everyone and hopefully I'll dive with some of you again in the future!

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom