VEO 180 ALT problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I gather there is no answer to the ALT question. No representative from Oceanic cares enough to provide one? My wife and I have been using VEO 250 for 400 dives each and our individual computers just started to occasionally go through the start up sequence then go straight to ALT. The next day, the computers work. Why, after 400 dives on the same computers?

Here's hoping that someone who knows catches this and can offer the clue. My Veo 200 is doing the same flashing ALT on power-up and then goes out. I think this may be the result of a violation. The 200 has been excellent for my use in the past.

If I find out on my own I will provide the answer here.

Cheers!

My computer came back after the violation timed out. About 3 days to do so. Don't know anymore at this time.

I had the same issue with the ALT on my VEO 250. Never corrected itself. When I downloaded the dives to my computer my PDC would freeze. I just gave up on it and bought a new computer. I didnt want to chance a dive weekend on it working or not.

Here it is. If your computer is flashing ALT, it is a terminal failure. The computer has reached the end of it's life. It cannot be used safely. It must be returned to Oceanic for repair OR upgrade .There is no in the field trick to correct it. Sometimes this error is intermittent, which is MORE dangerous, because it may fail at depth. Information on how to send it back to Oceanic is on their website, along with pricing. You do better to call them. They are very responsive to phone calls.

Last edited:
Here it is. If your computer is flashing ALT, it is a terminal failure. The computer has reached the end of it's life. It cannot be used safely. It must be returned to Oceanic for repair OR upgrade .There is no in the field trick to correct it. Sometimes this error is intermittent, which is MORE dangerous, because it may fail at depth. Information on how to send it back to Oceanic is on their website, along with pricing. You do better to call them. They are very responsive to phone calls.
For what it is worth, I just confirmed the above with Oceanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom